Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Adam Bradley
United_States
Kannagara Aikido and Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America 20 Year Anniversary

Good Morning to Aikidoka...My name is Adam Bradley and Im a long time student of Koichi Barrish Sensei, Senior Shinto Preist of Tsubaki Grand Shrine Of America. Over my 14 years as aikidoka I have had the great opportunity to train with so many good and talented people from the Aikido Community from Northern & southern California, Washington, Oregon and even my home town of Columbus Ohio. I am continually amazed by the experiences and realizations that come forth from the practice of Aiki movements.

This year 2012, Year of the Dragon, is a time of great change and new developments and I have been moved to share the significant milestone of the long time Aikido Practitioner and teacher Barrish Sensei. In 1992 Barrish Sensei established and built Tsubaki Grand Shrine Of America as a place for Aikido practitioners to explore the penetrate the mystery of Aikido through the Gyo of Esoteric Shinto. Sensei has dedicated the last 20 years to this endeavor with daily Misogi (Cold Water purification in mountain River), Shinto and Aikido practice at Tsubaki Shrine and Kannagara Jinja, nestled among the mountainous forest region of northern Washington State.

My first teacher Jason House Sensei brought me to this special place during my early years as an aikido Student and i have continued to make pilgrimage to Tsubaki Shrine for the annual Aiki Taisai and memorial event (ceremony for the mitama of Osensei) each April. Over the years I have had the privilege to train and develop relationships with many of Sensei's students who are always willing to share their understanding of Aiki Movements with great sincerity.

This year I will again travel to Northern washington State with a group of my students from Sacramento ca area, only this year we will honor Sensei Barrish for his accomplishment in building the first official Shinto shrine in North America and for his dedication to the Aiki Practice. In this way we pay our respects to the founder O-Sensei and continue our personal dedication to the mystery of Aikido.

May I take this moment to sincerely invite you to this 20 year celebration Aiki Taisai event at Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America ; April 27,28,29 ---2012. I look forward to meeting many new friends from the Aikido Community.

If you have any questions or would like to visit the website for Tsubaki Grand Shrine Of America...visit
www.tsubakishrine.org

With Sincerity,
Adam Bradley
Kannagara Aikido Sacramento