Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #26
Flintstone
Dojo: Wherever I happen to be
Spain
Re: Jun Akiyama

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
Well, seems to me you and I have cordially agreed to disagree - works for me.
Great. Works for me too .
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #27
akiy

Hi folks,

Just a quick thought from me that I'm fine with people thinking I'm doing well and fine with people who think I'm doing horribly. I certainly can't and won't please everyone, and I'm OK with that. So, as far as I'm concerned, there really isn't much there to get into an argument about...!

Hope you're all enjoying the first days of Spring.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #28
lbb
United_States

Quote:
Alejandro Villanueva wrote: View Post
That said, some of you require from me to grow up just because they obviously believe Jun's doing a great moderation job and don't understand that maybe other people's feelings are not the same.
Not to belabor the point, but I don't think that's why people are telling you to grow up. It's because you seem to be stuck on the idea that things are "not fair" in a way that very much resembles a child's reasoning on fairness (and honestly, I'm not saying that to be insulting). We all have our views of what the rules ought to be and how things ought to work, children no less than adults. Once children have grasped the idea of rules and fairness, they generally go through a period where they believe that their own sense of fairness and rules is universal, or that it should be. When a child comes into a place where the rules don't agree with that child's sense of "ought to be", the child often gets stuck on that point: Not fair! Ought to be! Ought to be fair the way I think of fairness, ought to be the rules that I think make sense!

People are not trying to get you to accept that Jun's moderation is great, and they're not calling you childish for believing otherwise. They're telling you that it is what it is, and you need to stop expecting it to be perfect (or expecting that you can and should make an eternal bone of contention out of its imperfections) and move on, rather than get stuck on a childish point of "ought to be".
Old 03-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #29
Flintstone
Spain

Oh, I see. Stubborn equals childish. Ok. Well, let me be childish again: Not fair! Ought to be!

But yes... why should I care after all. It's that kind of behavior (yours) what makes politics what they are, perverting it to conform the establishment.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #30
lbb
United_States

Alejandro,

If you are with a group of people, and everyone wants to play volleyball, but you want to play football instead, what would you call it if you continue to argue with them that they should play football and like it? Then you refuse to let it go when the others say that it's fine if you want to play football, but they want to play volleyball, and wish you the best of luck in finding a football game as they go off to play volleyball. Then you bring your ball and insist on playing football in the midst of their volleyball game. And then you make out that it's "that kind of behavior" -- that of others -- that is the cause of the problem.

Stubborn? Childish? Maybe both?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #31
mickeygelum

Dojo: Warren Budokan, Ohio USA
United_States

Alejandro, Dear Alejandro....

Mano, have you not realized yet, that this is a community of self-stroking egotist! April Fools!!!!

For all that is pure, it defended the molestation of a minor by a "Well Respected Shihan", stating that forgiveness is due!

Does it not surprise you that the incessant ramblings by certain New Englanders is void of thier GLTB overtones and thier mutiple identities, herein. Failing, the emplaced features and moderation that is so undeniably maintained?

Lest we forget the fifth kyu shihans, they sure set us straight, how the real aikido folks do it. Never to mention, Ole' Petey shihan wetting his pants at Holiday Park Sport Center when he found out who he was mouthing off to.

I must have been smoking crack when I saw posts disappear, as I have seen, had perpetrated upon me...then had emailed to me with hate mail from certain individuals. The same individuals, that claim vast followers and great aiki skills, yet do not have any one to vouch for thier abilities!

Dear Alejandro, you must must be mistaken, confused or just clueless. Those things do not occur here, it is impossible...the integrity of this site is beyond reproach...immaculate, as I see it!

Simply amazing what $10 a year will get you these days!

Train well,

Mickey
Old 03-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #32
Flintstone
Spain

Mary, there you go again.

I see it more like me and my supposed group of people have a football ball. And then all of them insist in playing volleyball with the football, while I keep telling them that a football is for playing... you guess what? Football.

Yours is a flawed analogy from start to end. But it's ok if you belong to the establishment and are on the side that keep on wanting to play volleyball... with a football.

Mickey, great point you have there! LOLed a lot! But anyway, what are you doing here? You don't even play aikido! You have things like you know, shomen ate. And more important, you can pull it out for real! Doh!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #33
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States

I would like to take a moment to say thank you to Jun, for creating and working hard on this website; my favorite Aikido website.

I would also like to take a moment to say thank you to all those who are brave enough to offer dissenting opinions. Those opinions tend to shake things up, and make us think honestly about what we are doing.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #34
lbb
United_States

Time to stop scattering seed on toxic ground. Have a good weekend, y'all.