Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #76
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: The Uke, Compliance and Qi

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
I suspect this is about the level of ethics most of us had you pegged at.

Mike Sigman
Mike,

Your word fluency is elluding you. Try again.

Best
Joe

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Old 05-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #77
Mike Sigman
United_States

Quote:
Joseph Arriola wrote: View Post
Classic. You try to talk down to someone and you misspell "eluding".

Old 05-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #78
Dan Austin
United_States

Quote:
Joseph Arriola wrote: View Post
Mike,

Best
Joe
And your spelling is eluding you. LOL.

How about let's not try again, obviously you're going to pollute the board until everyone ignores you, and then claim victory. Whatever makes you feel better. I recommend a psychiatrist.

Mike has met up with lots of people, all of whom verify that he teaches actual body mechanics, as opposed to just blathering about feminine energy and other nonsense and calling that internal. You don't know what you're talking about, it's obvious to everyone, but your ego won't let you walk away. It's time for the moderator to shut this thread down.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #79
tuturuhan
United_States

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Classic. You try to talk down to someone and you misspell "eluding".
Mike,

Thank you for picking that up. I value you as a proof reader.

Best
Joe

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Old 05-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #80
DH
United_States

Joseph
Leave me out of the discussion unless you care to address me directly. I don't recall engaging you here-mostly for the simple reason that after reviewing various materials from you I consider you a waste of time.
Your knife video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfelZfbZnQs
should be considered a treatise on what NOT to do when engaging in weapons work. In any discussion on Uke and compliance it is a model of those very ideas; compliance and Uke not knowing what the hell they are doing. That crap is not going to work well for you with someone who knows how to play. Your distancing and targeting and retained connection in knife work reminds me of all of the other inane "combat knife' videos of the 90's. I see you are pleased that your are published- then again so are many; from the excellent to the loopy, strange, and outright ridiculous. Evidence shows being published as a martial art teacher is without meaning.

As for your off-hand comparisons of me to Mike and Rob. You don't know any of us, so what are you comparing?
I'm not a young guy, I have been round the block and back again, and contrary to many suburban white boy martial artists I have been stabbed, stabbed at, and been in nasty places many times. You may carry that forward to my lengthy proclivity of getting a kick out of beating the crap out of TMAers who think they got the stuff. Most fail from the lack of the proper mental fortitude before it even begins-onward to the ridiculous things they do that they consider effective in a live environment. Add to that showing them effective means of generating real power and sensitivity in their bodies as I am able.
All that said I would NEVER claim an expertise in anything. Men I know who ARE experts consider it to be rather a burden that gets in the way of their own play time. Odd that I never hear them refer to themselves that way. Most call themselves students.

You and your students are pleased with your training. I'd leave it at that.
Please refrain from responding or addressing me. I'm not interested in a dialogue with you
Good luck in your pursuits.

Last edited by DH : 05-19-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #81
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside

I would like to remind folks about that wonderful feature, the "ignore" button. I use it occasionally to keep my "wa" harmonious. This forum should be called "Mutual Pissing Contests" rather than Non-Aikido Martial Traditions; reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live Newscasts with Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtain. "Jane you ignorant slut..." "Dan you fascist pig".

Seriously, it isn't worth it. Once you know that virtually nothing you say will register with someone and it's apparent that nothing they say will be something you agree with, then there's no reason to have further exchange. When you have someone who consistently creates acrimonious exchanges or whose contributions are quite simply of the self aggrandizement type, then push the button on them and back to exchanging with folks who are interested in what you are saying or are saying something you are interested in hearing.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com

Old 05-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #82
tuturuhan
United_States

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote: View Post
I would like to remind folks about that wonderful feature, the "ignore" button. I use it occasionally to keep my "wa" harmonious. This forum should be called "Mutual Pissing Contests" rather than Non-Aikido Martial Traditions; reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live Newscasts with Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtain. "Jane you ignorant slut..." "Dan you fascist pig".

Seriously, it isn't worth it. Once you know that virtually nothing you say will register with someone and it's apparent that nothing they say will be something you agree with, then there's no reason to have further exchange. When you have someone who consistently creates acrimonious exchanges or whose contributions are quite simply of the self aggrandizement type, then push the button on them and back to exchanging with folks who are interested in what you are saying or are saying something you are interested in hearing.
Sensei,

You are correct. But, I think "all" of us still enjoy watching Saturday Night Live. We especially like the "classics".

Now, imagine what it must be like for our "leaders" in government. They have to filter through what is "real" and what is not. I have a hard enough time raising my kids as they shout and fight between each other. So, being on this board is but a "fractal" of real life. Isn't it just "classic"?

But, thank you for your input Sensei. I think you are probably a better man than I.

Best,
Joseph T.Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Old 05-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #83
akiy

Thread closed due to its devolving into personal discussions.

Come on, folks. You know better.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread