Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #251
ChristianBoddum
 
ChristianBoddum's Avatar
Dojo: Aarhus AiKiKai
Location: Aarhus,Denmark
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 263
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Your favorite food is Sloppy Jo !
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #252
wideawakedreamer
 
wideawakedreamer's Avatar
Dojo: Bu Yuu Kan dojo
Location: Davao City
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Philippines
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

You visit your Japanese fiancee's parents' house and find it hard to resist doing ukemi all over their tatami-covered dining room. Then you go to her brother's new house and play with his 1-year-old son as an excuse to do ukemi all over his tatami-covered room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #253
aikiborrago
Dojo: eastern ki federation(boone nc shin shin toitsu)/aikido schools of ueshiba(nashville tn aikikai)
Location: boone nc/ nashville tn
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

hahaha every one of these is sooooooo true.....i can think of at least 5 people at our dojo for which almost all of these are true.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #254
aikiborrago
Dojo: eastern ki federation(boone nc shin shin toitsu)/aikido schools of ueshiba(nashville tn aikikai)
Location: boone nc/ nashville tn
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
United_States
Offline
Ki Symbol Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Ulises Garcia wrote: View Post
>You hope for the next installment of the Street Fighter series to finally have an Aikido character (flowing Hakama and all), with the coolest Shihonages, Kotegaeshis and Kokyunages (ki-blasts optional).

>You have as much fun with Aikido3D now, as you did with Tekken 3 when it first came out (love to turn uke invisible in tantodori. The floating tanto looks cool!).

Hey! Did I just give away that I'm a gamer?



-U-
auka kazama is fun to play with..............aikidogi hakama mma gloves shin/instep guards, aiki throws, capoeira like kicks, open hand strikes..........wait sounds just like me......hmmm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #255
aikiborrago
Dojo: eastern ki federation(boone nc shin shin toitsu)/aikido schools of ueshiba(nashville tn aikikai)
Location: boone nc/ nashville tn
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
United_States
Offline
Ki Symbol Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

you are hospitalized for a cardiac condition and you:

1) critic the relaxation channel's methods

2)perform oneness rhythm and hitori waza in your room

3)keep setting of the respiration alarm every time you do ki breathing

4)give the nurses advise on keeping onepoint while pushing you in the wheelchair(i swear it makes it easier).

5)demand to be released 2 days early so u don't miss a seminar.

6)ask the 3rd shift nurses if u can use their computers to watch your taigi dvd at 3:30am

7) butter your hospital toast with plus ki so u can get out sooner

8)when offered a pain pill u respond "no thanks...could use some kiatsu though....know what that is?.......wanna learn?

9) think of all the ways your iv pole could be used as a weapon

10) you say "KAMPAI" when you take your pills
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #256
Jane
Location: Haiti
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

You best girl friend advises you not to talk about your aikido passion for it might drive guys away!
... you're mad because that test took so long to end: you'll never make it on time to the dojo (
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 PM   #257
Lachlan Kadick
 
Lachlan Kadick's Avatar
Dojo: Oswego Aikido Club
Location: Syracuse, NY
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 40
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

You might be an Aikido addict if....

-You picked your college based upon it's distance from your home dojo.
-Since the college you picked is still an hour away you started a college club.
-After the first month of your club you already have 4 classes a week.
-You still visit your home dojo every Friday night for weapons and just to let your friends meet your Sensei, and the obvious... and train with him.
-You're surprised when you visit the local Wegmann's (a local grocery chain) and you don't see someone from the dojo.
-The main stuff on your desks bulletin board is Aikido related.
-Your friends get annoyed because you talk about Aikido too much.
-During the summer you spend more time at the dojo than your Sensei.
-You carry the "Art of Peace" in your pocket.
-Most of the shirts you wear are Aikido related.
-Your friends randomly attack you just to see what you'll do.
-Your friends end up not attacking you anymore because they learn what you can do.(not in a bad way... I hope o.o ^_^)
-You meet someone from a city in your state and you're surprised if you don't know at least one instructor in that city.
-The main books on your desk are Aikido related.
-You read through all of the forums hoping you find someone who posts something so you don't need to.
-You watch a fight on TV and ponder how to improve both of the guys defenses.
-You don't meet girls because you're always doing Aikido.
-You sleep on your back, because other wise your mind will instantly think your in a pin.
-You teach your college friends breathing exercises so they don't need to drink coffee.
-Your friend runs up behind you and jumps on your back for a piggy back ride, and the next thing you know they're on their back under you with wide eyes laughing because you flipped them.

Last edited by Lachlan Kadick : 10-15-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Think big, Live humbly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #258
Ryan Sanford
Dojo: Northwest Aikido
Location: Oregon
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 70
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Ryan Smith wrote: View Post
you are hospitalized for a cardiac condition and you:

1) critic the relaxation channel's methods

3)keep setting of the respiration alarm every time you do ki breathing

4)give the nurses advise on keeping onepoint while pushing you in the wheelchair(i swear it makes it easier).

5)demand to be released 2 days early so u don't miss a seminar
Sorry to hear about your hospitalization, but those are definitely I can see myself doing! It's just like when I tell my co-workers to keep one point when we move tables around. "Push from your center, use your hips!"

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." - Aldous Huxley
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #259
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
Location: Hartlepool,UK
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 69
England
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

your considering going back to uni if you can find a course you could fit what you learnt in aikdo into it.

Your considering quiting your job because it gets in the way of training...(Its kinda true, also because the management sucks!)

All your spare money goes on aikido related stuff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:09 AM   #260
TeppoLeinonen
Location: Helsinki
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
Finland
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Surefire way to know you're an Aikido Addict:

You look forward to class on your own birthday, because it measn you'll get thrown as many times by the entire club as you're hitting years... And you look more ot it every piling year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #261
Kakita
 
Kakita's Avatar
Dojo: Cleadon
Location: Jarrow
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Teppo Leinonen wrote: View Post
Surefire way to know you're an Aikido Addict:

You look forward to class on your own birthday, because it measn you'll get thrown as many times by the entire club as you're hitting years... And you look more ot it every piling year.
I'll have to convince my group to do this. Although whether they'll be open over xmas is still to be seen

If at first you fall, remember to Ukemi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:58 AM   #262
wideawakedreamer
 
wideawakedreamer's Avatar
Dojo: Bu Yuu Kan dojo
Location: Davao City
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Philippines
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Lachlan Kadick wrote: View Post
-You watch a fight on TV and ponder how to improve both of the guys defenses.
LOL yeah sometimes I do that too.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #263
Larry Cuvin
 
Larry Cuvin's Avatar
Dojo: Oregon Ki Society
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 269
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

You might be an akido addict if:
After all this time, you still come back and read the latest post in "You might be and aikido addict if..."

Plus Ki
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #264
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
Location: Hartlepool,UK
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 69
England
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

On your hard drive(never to be seen by anyone else,at least not till it has been edited ) there is a draft for a musical featuring members of an aikido class.....

and you can identify which members of your own class inspired the characters

to the point that things they have said somehow got put into the characters dialogue.

and the opening stage directions feature the lines,

"Downstage left is a dojo area which must have a pile of mats ready for the characters to move and perform on. No shoes are socks are to be worn in this area on fear of pain expertly caused by a grade higher than me on nerves that I have yet to identify. But It will Hurt. A lot! A picture of O sensei must be shown in this area whenever it is in use.

(It should be pointed out at the time I wrote it everyone was a higher grade than me!)

Obsessed much!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #265
Erik Jögimar
Dojo: Linköping Budo club
Location: Motala
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42
Sweden
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

jokes aside, i'm definately surprised about the aikido dreams. Had them from my first day at the dojo, and they come each and every night. Mehehehe to bad i cant actually use the hours spent dreaming toward the grading requirement

Just give me your wrist!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #266
gdandscompserv
 
gdandscompserv's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,215
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

You ask for a 7 AM wakeup call to your room at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas so you can make it to the 9 AM aikido class at Desert Winds Martial Arts. A sincere thank you to James Sterling sensei and his students for allowing me to train with them. Nice dojo, great people.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #267
CNYMike
Dojo: Finger Lakes Aikido
Location: Cortland, NY
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 975
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

.... you are relieved there will be practice this Wednesday because the thought of a week without Aikido had made you feel like you were going to jump out of your skin.

... you think you may have said the same thing in this thread a long time ago.

.... you started this thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #268
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
Location: Hartlepool,UK
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 69
England
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

The person interviewing you for a new job read the words Aikido on the application form and declined to shake your hand!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #269
Tony Hudspith
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee
Location: Hartlepool
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 38
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Angela Dunn wrote: View Post
The person interviewing you for a new job read the words Aikido on the application form and declined to shake your hand!
They must have heard you are one of mine!!!!!!!!!
See you at class

Tony
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #270
wideawakedreamer
 
wideawakedreamer's Avatar
Dojo: Bu Yuu Kan dojo
Location: Davao City
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Philippines
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

you grip the handle of your briefcase with your middle, ring, and pinky fingers like you would a bokken.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #271
mriehle
 
mriehle's Avatar
Dojo: New School Aikido
Location: Stockton, CA
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 320
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Rafael Ayala wrote: View Post
you grip the handle of your briefcase with your middle, ring, and pinky fingers like you would a bokken.
Right, then. What's wrong with that? I do exactly that...

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #272
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
Location: Hartlepool,UK
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 69
England
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Tony Hudspith wrote: View Post
They must have heard you are one of mine!!!!!!!!!
See you at class

Tony
Maybe so. Either way they lost out on my fabulous admin skills because I did not get said job. Their loss will be someone elses gain!

And even weirder is when your current boss threatens to send you out with a pole to go sort out trouble makers because, "Well your a yellow belt now and so can think of a way to use this to go sort them out. Or you could go kick their butts..."
"

Or when conversations start with "Which nights are you going to go to go roll about with people next weeks so I know when to not rota you in?"

My boss is a lovely person really.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #273
wideawakedreamer
 
wideawakedreamer's Avatar
Dojo: Bu Yuu Kan dojo
Location: Davao City
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Philippines
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Quote:
Michael Riehle wrote: View Post
Right, then. What's wrong with that? I do exactly that...
So do I, to practice gripping the bokken even if I'm not in the dojo.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #274
CNYMike
Dojo: Finger Lakes Aikido
Location: Cortland, NY
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 975
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

....you are heartbroken at the thought of leaving a seminar early because you had to get home and feed your dog. (This is worse if you're a Kali person and they've been doing jo. Trust me.)

.... you had to remind yourself not to go back and sit in the next day because you had to get food.

... you started this thread, and you still add to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 PM   #275
Shannon Frye
Dojo: Aikido Fellowship of VA / Chesapeake Va
Location: Virginia
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 180
United_States
Offline
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

You take your 4 yr old son fishing for the first time, and he starts casting by using a shomen strike (that daddy taught him to do with a bokken). ( and VERY effectively, I might add!)

When I showed him how to cast from the side, it landed 3 feet in front of him. When he switched back to a bokken grip and a shomen strike, it flew about 20 feet out in the water.

"In the end there can be only one"

www.AikidoFellowship.com
  Reply With Quote

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido DVDs and Video Downloads - by George Ledyard Sensei & other great teachers from AikidoDVDS.Com



Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instructor got mad because I didnt fall actoman Training 192 05-02-2012 02:55 AM
Aikido in Amsterdam, Terry Lax style... tiyler_durden General 11 11-03-2008 08:31 AM
Women and Everybody Else in Aikido George S. Ledyard Teaching 113 03-16-2008 07:27 PM
Dilution of aikido eugene_lo General 40 02-07-2006 11:22 AM
Omoto-kyo Theology senshincenter Spiritual 77 12-04-2005 09:50 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:20 AM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate