Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
Luca Idolazzi
Italy
How was the Old Budo Yoseikan

Dear forumites,

I'm an enthusiastic practitioner of what was known as Yoseikan aikijujutsu. Now I'm following the Budo Seifukai.

I'd like starting my frequentation here with a thread about the old practise at the Yoseikan. I'm sure a lot of people here stayed there for a variable period of their life and I'd like sharing opinions and feelings. Have you got any peculiar experience there?

Thanks to you for your attention
Old 11-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Carl Thompson

Japan
Re: How was the Old Budo Yoseikan

Hello Luca,

You might find some of David Orange's posts useful on this thread:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14549

Carl
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Luca Idolazzi
Italy

Thanks a lot Carl. I've ever red the thread and found it extremely useful. Thanks for remarking his importance
Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
neb1979
Australia

Hi Luca I haven't been on these forums for a while now but was very surprised to see someone talking about Seifukai. I have never been to Japan but have been training in Seifukai Aikido for over 4 years now and currently have 2 Sensei's ( Nobumasa Yoshida & Kazuyoshi Koga ) here in Perth Australia visiting.

My understanding when I started was that Seifukai was a very small organization but over the last year or so I have noticed a lot more people speaking of it.

As stated above David Orange would be the best person to get this sort of info from as he seems to know heaps on the subject.

I was also very sad to hear that Tezuka Akira had passed away although I didn’t know him but my Sensei did and it is a great loss to the Aikido community.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #5
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States

Thanks, Carl and Ben.

I had the good fortune of training at Minoru Mochizuki's hombu dojo in Shizuoka City (now Seifukai hombu, if I'm not mistaken) from 1990 to 1995. Since my previous posts have been noted, I guess there's not much more for me to say about it. I haven't been affiliated with any Yoseikan or Seifukai dojos since returning to the US. I have heard that the old dojo beside the Abe river was bought by Sato-san, who doubtless operates it in much the same spirit at Minoru Mochizuki Sensei did. It was very sad to hear of the passing of Akira Tezuka Sensei, who was very young, indeed. He was a very good man and an excellent budoka.

Quote:
Ben McClean wrote: View Post
...currently have 2 Sensei's ( Nobumasa Yoshida & Kazuyoshi Koga ) here in Perth Australia visiting.
I knew both those men, though I knew Koga Sensei better. I believe Yoshida Sensei was a pharmacist, working in Tokyo and I think he would have been a major figure in the Nihon Budo Kokusai Renmei that Mochizuki Sensei created when he left the Kokusai Budo Renmei. I didn't see him often, but I trained a good bit with Koga Sensei, whom I remember as a very good technician and a very nice person. Please give them my best wishes.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com
Old 11-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
neb1979
Australia

Hi David,

I will defiantly give your regards to both Koga & Yoshida Sensei's.

They were only here for 5 days this time but the amount we have learned and absorbed from them is amazing. When you take ukemi from them you can just feel the power from with in them it was amazing. Can't wait for their next visit.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
Luca Idolazzi
Italy

Thank you very much for your contribution. I'm sad to inform you that the old Yoseikan Buildin (the one David Orange is speaking about) was razed in 2006. Tezuka sensei was about 60 years old. The 2009 classes will be held in his honour here in Italy.

I hope we are continuing to share info and opinions in future.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
darin

Its sad to hear about the old Yoseikan building. I was fortunate enough to visit there in 1996 and meet Kancho, his wife, Washizu and I think Kenmotsu. Its good that the old Yoseikan style still continues on in Australia through Ross Taylor.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
Luca Idolazzi
Italy

We follow Carniel sensei from Switzerald and we are based in Verona, Italy. We also continue the Yoseikan tradition. Nice to meet you here
Old 01-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #10
lezard39
Dojo: Académie Yoseikan de Montréal
Canada

Hello Luca,

Effectively the Yoseikan Hombu was supposed to be razed in 2006 but like David said Sato Sensei bought the dojo and at the same time saved the old Hombu. They razed the second floor for heart quake or Typhoon prevention I think.

Here's a link with pictures of the opening ceremony…

http://koshooto.hamazo.tv/e285141.html

Regards
Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
Luca Idolazzi
Italy

Ohh, it is a beautiful news .It brings a lot oh happyness. Thank you very much to you and also to Sato sensei. The old Yoseikan Building was a cardinal point for everyone who trained under Mochizuki sensei. Thank you very much again for the news!!!