Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Marketplace

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Janet Rosen

New Line of Weapons Bags

After seven years of making custom weapons bags to meet folks' individual needs or tastes, I now have a line of premade bags.

If you carry a jo and a bokken to the dojo and don't plan on having a tanto, a pre-made Zanshin Art weapons bag designed and sewn by Janet Rosen may be just the thing.
It's an elegant and durable 60" long cotton bag with double stitched seams & double layer bottom. The top folds over to secure with ties, a sturdy strap goes over the shoulder. And each bag features a decorative print that coordinates with the solid fabric.The price is $58 and includes shipping on orders within the "lower 48" states of the USA.

http://www.zanshinart.com/Sewing/nishoku.html

Last edited by Janet Rosen : 04-19-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: coding problem oops

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: New Line of Weapons Bags

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
After seven years of making custom weapons bags to meet folks' individual needs or tastes, I now have a line of premade bags.

If you carry a jo and a bokken to the dojo and don't plan on having a tanto, a pre-made Zanshin Art weapons bag designed and sewn by Janet Rosen may be just the thing.
It's an elegant and durable 60" long cotton bag with double stitched seams & double layer bottom. The top folds over to secure with ties, a sturdy strap goes over the shoulder. And each bag features a decorative print that coordinates with the solid fabric.The price is $58 and includes shipping on orders within the "lower 48" states of the USA.

http://www.zanshinart.com/Sewing/nishoku.html
Hi Janet,
Those are BEAUTIFUL bags... quite the most aesthetically pleasing I have seen. Nice job!
- George

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Janet Rosen

<blushing on> aw shucks...thank you! <blushing off> They really are a manifestation of my inner blue jay's delight in reachig for and playing with great fabric! ... now of course the practical person takes over and inquires if I may quote you on the website?

Janet Rosen
Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
<blushing on> aw shucks...thank you! <blushing off> They really are a manifestation of my inner blue jay's delight in reachig for and playing with great fabric! ... now of course the practical person takes over and inquires if I may quote you on the website?
Absolutely, by all means!
- George

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
dave9nine
Dojo: Aikido Institute - Oakland
United_States

Hi Janet,
Great work with those bags
Do you have those prints available for other random jobs?
I ask because I'd like to re-do some things around the dojo, and I really like the blue bamboo print for it...maybe we can chat about it in Tahoe? see you soon.
-dave
Old 04-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
Janet Rosen

Um, er, I didn't know I had any trips planned to Tahoe? Feel free to private message or email me.

BTW, for actual yardage of the blue bamboo, as opposed to custom sewing: My source for it, and for most of the Japanese motif prints, was Stonemountain and Daughter on Shattuck south of Dwight. It was over a year ago, so they may/not have any left, BUT they normally do have an amazing selection of Japanese motif cotton prints and I highly recommend them to anybody in the Bay Area looking for such fabrics. Another local source that is excellent it Black Cat Quilting on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco.
Wherever you are, if there is a non-chain store selling quilting fabrics, the chances are good you will find at least SOME good prints.

Janet Rosen
Old 04-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
dave9nine
Dojo: Aikido Institute - Oakland
United_States

you know what i totally had you confused with someone else--im so sorry! that's embarrising...
in any event the bags do look wonderful...cheers
Old 05-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
Michael Douglas
United Kingdom

They look good, and the price is good too for a handmade bag, including postage.
On your photos page you really need to show someone carrying one too, not just the flat layouts.
Maybe wrap a few bokken up.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
Janet Rosen

You know, early on I considered it and decided not to for one small and one much larger reason:
1. small reason: it only seems important to show a product in use if the use is somehow new or different; most folks know how the bags are carried, and in a photo of a person carrying one the fabric details would be too small.
2. the important to me reason: inclusion, or space for the customer. When I pick a model is it a man or a woman, tall or short, what ethnicity, what body build, what age? To me that is a huge distraction from the bags. I want each potential customer to look at the fabrics, respond to one, and picture THEMSELVES carrying the bag. Same way as when I paint, I always try to leave some ambiguity, a way for the viewer to enter the painting himself.

Janet Rosen