Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Websites

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-11-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States
Unhappy e-Budo

Hope this is OK Jun. Does anyone know what happened to E-Budo? I haven't been able to get on it for over a week now.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
BC
Re: e-Budo

One of the forum moderators posted on another board that they are having a problem with the hosting service that requires direct communication with John. Given that John is in Iraq, I am assuming it is extremely difficult to coordinate such an effort. The moderator basically just said to sit tight until they can get things up and running again in the (hopefully) near future.

Regards,

Robert Cronin
Old 06-11-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
akiy

I hope that things on E-budo get cleared up soon and without further hassle. I wish there was something I could do! It's a great resource for martial artists of all walks...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:01 PM   #4
mj

I can't honestly say the same.

For getting involved in some politcal discussions (certainly not in a trolling way,) I was subject to the most vitriolic torrent of abuse which, as an adult, was not only unacceptable but beyond the codes of conduct for public forums.

The entire 'general' and 'off topic' parts of the forums were filled with such positivly sulphuric vituperation that common decency was not to be expected.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #5
aikidoc
United_States

Mark are you sure it was e-budo. They usually jump on that kind of behavior immediately. It is screened pretty closely. Now if you are talking aikido journal they don't seem to screen that as closely. There are a few trolls out there that make things ugly-I too have been attacked by some as well. They seem to stay off this site lately.

E-budo does have a column or two for questionable martial arts or instructors who inflate their credentials. That can get pretty ugly.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:05 PM   #6
otto
Dojo: Independent
Venezuela

I miss the laughs from the Baffling and Bad Budo Forums...

"Perfection is a Process"
Old 06-12-2004, 08:08 AM   #7
aikidoc
United_States

Those are the ones I am referring to. Just couldn't think of the names at the time
Old 06-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
cdwright
Dojo: Yorkville Aikido

Well you could start those forums here...................

Those two forums brought nothing but ill will.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:09 PM   #9
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States

They weren't my favs, that's for sure. But there was a lot of excellent information in the koryu and Gendai forums. I can't speak for he ninjutsu forums, since I don't really read those and wouldn't know. The history forums had lots of good info too.

The general public forum was a little rough at times...and some of us spoke out about the trash that goes on there. Oh well, a perfect world has yet to be found. The bad budo etc. forums do provide a needed service...some frauds need outing. In the non-ninjutsu related bad budo threads, I found that people generally handled themselves relatively well.

I don't think this forum needs a separate area for bad budo. There are other boards that already do that, and when something questionable comes up in the existing areas, people seem to deal with it just fine. Polite but honest. I don't think it needs to be a focus...just deal with it when it comes up.

Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 06-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
DCP

Dojo: Inaka Dojo

I discovered yesterday that e-budo is back up. Just thought I'd let you know if you hadn't caught it. I am not sure when it came back. Sorry if this was announced already.

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
- Aesop