Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
AikiWeb System
Chris Tozer, 7th December 2008, Camberley UK

Posted 2008-11-16 01:12:22 by Rachel Hughes
News URL: http://www.aikidodojo.org

Aikido Dojo Camberley will hold an open Aikido Seminar on Sunday 7th December 2008 from 9am-12pm.
This event is open to all Aikido styles and affiliations. Over 18's only with a minimum of 6 months Aikido training practice. Please bring Bokken and Jo. Visit our website for further information.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Re: Chris Tozer, 7th December 2008, Camberley UK

A link has been provided to Mr Tozer's website and I need to correct some background information on this website.

Under the menu heading Chief Instructor, it is stated that Mr Tozer is registered with the IAF. This is not the case. The IAF does not have a system for registering its own instructors. We leave this to the Aikikai Hombu.

I met and trained with Tomita Takeji Sensei many years ago, when Saito Morihiro Sensei came to the UK to give seminars. So this post is in no way intended to be critical of either Tomita Sensei or Mr Tozer. It simply corrects misinformation on Mr Tozer's website.

I hope the training seminar is successful.

P A Goldsbury
IAF Chairman

Quote:
AikiWeb System wrote: View Post
Posted 2008-11-16 01:12:22 by Rachel Hughes
News URL: http://www.aikidodojo.org

Aikido Dojo Camberley will hold an open Aikido Seminar on Sunday 7th December 2008 from 9am-12pm.
This event is open to all Aikido styles and affiliations. Over 18's only with a minimum of 6 months Aikido training practice. Please bring Bokken and Jo. Visit our website for further information.

P A Goldsbury
Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
CTozer
Dojo: Aikido Dojo Camberley (Shinbukan)
United Kingdom
Re: Chris Tozer, 7th December 2008, Camberley UK

Dear Mr. Goldsbury,

Many thanks for taking the time to visit my website and for your comments.

My bio page outlined in my background that (amongst others) I am registered with both the Aikikai and the IAF, it did not state that I am registered with either of these organisations as an instructor. I was merely presenting in my details that, according to my Aikikai Yudansha Card, I have registered membership numbers with both organisations.

I can now see how, with the choice of words used, this could easily be misunderstood within the context of the overall page, so I have removed all reference to the IAF to avoid any possible future confusion.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to point out organisational nuances that I was unaware of.

Regards,

Chris Tozer
Aikido Dojo Camberley

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
A link has been provided to Mr Tozer's website and I need to correct some background information on this website.

Under the menu heading Chief Instructor, it is stated that Mr Tozer is registered with the IAF. This is not the case. The IAF does not have a system for registering its own instructors. We leave this to the Aikikai Hombu.

I met and trained with Tomita Takeji Sensei many years ago, when Saito Morihiro Sensei came to the UK to give seminars. So this post is in no way intended to be critical of either Tomita Sensei or Mr Tozer. It simply corrects misinformation on Mr Tozer's website.

I hope the training seminar is successful.

P A Goldsbury
IAF Chairman
Old 11-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan
Yudansha Cards

Quote:
Chris Tozer wrote: View Post
My bio page outlined in my background that (amongst others) I am registered with both the Aikikai and the IAF, it did not state that I am registered with either of these organisations as an instructor. I was merely presenting in my details that, according to my Aikikai Yudansha Card, I have registered membership numbers with both organisations.
Dear Mr Tozer,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply personally to my post.

I suspect that the confusion lies in the fact that the Aikikai used to include the words 'IAF' in the registered number of the blue international yudansha cards it issued many years ago. My own has such a number. However, this number is the Aikikai's own number, used for registering the card, not the IAF's. Because of the possibility of confusion, the Aikikai has now stopped the practice and has three different numbering systems: the individual membership number of the Aikikai member; the number of the blue yudansha card; and the number of the kyu and dan diplomas it issues. All are different and none is connected with the IAF.

I receive frequent requests from individuals to become members of the IAF and have to respond that the IAF is a federation of organizations, not of individuals.

Best wishes,

PAG

P A Goldsbury