Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-22-2001, 09:52 AM   #1
akiy

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi folks,

Today is an American holiday here in the United States called Thanksgiving wherein we give thanks for what we have.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for participating here in the AikiWeb Forums. I think the discussions on aikido that we have here are lively, intriguing, educational, and great fun. I hope everyone else here who is posting and who is lurking (post, why don't you!) is finding the discussions as such as well.

Thanks for being here, folks, and happy Thanksgiving.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:06 AM   #2
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia
Is this the one where americans feasted on turkey with the red indians? I can't remember but I think I saw that on tv a long time ago.

Well, I'm sincerely thankful for what I've got in life, although I don't mind having more.

So happy thanksgiving to everyone!

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:52 AM   #3
guest1234
It's a great feeling to spend the day surrounded by family and friends...

I'd like to ask everyone, while they are giving thanks today, to remember those who are not with their families: the police, fire, and medical personnel who protect us 365 days a year, and the military and civilians fighting overtly and covertly for our country. Having spent more than one holiday in those situations, sometimes eating MREs, I can tell you the warm wishes of folks back home can be felt continents away.
Old 11-23-2001, 02:01 AM   #4
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Red face Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally posted by akiy
Hi folks,

Today is an American holiday here in the United States called Thanksgiving wherein we give thanks for what we have.
KAMI : So sorry, all of you!
In my country, we do not have a special day for thanksgiving (as a mostly catholic country, we are used to thank dayly for all we've got) but even a bit late, I wish every possible happiness, harmony and love to all of you.
Best

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara
Old 11-23-2001, 10:31 AM   #5
davem
Dojo: Aikido of Reno
Ai symbol

While I am a tad late. Just wanted to say I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving (For those who celebrate).

And to everyone, stay safe this winter.

Dave

Dave Mata
http://www.convextion.com
Old 11-23-2001, 04:42 PM   #6
deepsoup
Dojo: Sheffield Shodokan Dojo
Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally posted by akiy

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for participating here in the AikiWeb Forums. I think the discussions on aikido that we have here are lively, intriguing, educational, and great fun. I hope everyone else here who is posting and who is lurking (post, why don't you!) is finding the discussions as such as well.
Quite apart from the (usually) fine quality of most of the discussions here, this is quite the best designed web-based discussion forum I've encountered. So in the spirit of thanksgiving, I'd like to thank you, Jun, for all your excellent work.

Sean
x
Old 11-24-2001, 12:41 PM   #7
Melissa Fischer
Dojo: Tenzan Aikido/Seattle Holistic Center
Thanksgiving

I am Thankful daily that O Sensei discovered the amazing art of Aikido. I am thankful that I happened to come into contact with the incredible teacher I have. I'm thankful to all the Nages at our dojo that throw and pin me, thankful to the Ukes that give me the opportunity to practice dealing with confrontation. And I'm thankful to have internet access through this site to all the people in the world who practice Aikido and have plenty of spare time to chat about it. By the way, I've been reading this site for nearly a year but this is my 1st post.
Happy Thanksgiving! Melissa