Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-30-2005, 12:55 AM   #1
xuzen

Dojo: None at the moment - on hiatus
Malaysia
2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)

Hello people,

Jun, I am not sure if a second introduction is allowed, if it is against forum decorum, kindly delete this thread and accept my sincere apology.

I joined this forum on 1st June 2004; almost exactly one year ago. And I wish to take this opportunity to thank Jun and his team for a site well done. I have learned much about aikido (even more than just from dojo alone) through participating in this wonderful forum. It is also a great cultural exchange experience as well.

For those who don't know me; I am just your Average Joe who happen to bump into aikido one fine day during my varsity years. Incidental, I started my aikido journey on June 1995; that is exactly one decade ago. I started with the Tomiki-ryu people, switched to Hombu style and currently I am a student of the Yoshinkan school.

To those friends that I made through this forum, I'd say you guys are a great bunch of people. Looking forward to share our aikido journey together.

P/S: I will be taking my nidan grading this coming Dec, so wish me luck. I have already started to train for it since Jan of this year.

SHOMEN-ATE (TM), the solution to 90% of aikido and life's problems.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #2
maikerus
Dojo: Roppongi Yoshinkan Aikido / Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan
Japan
Re: 2nd Intro (if this is allowed???)

Quote:
Xu Wenfung wrote:
P/S: I will be taking my nidan grading this coming Dec, so wish me luck. I have already started to train for it since Jan of this year.
Boon...good luck

--Michael

Hiriki no yosei 3 - The kihon that makes your head ache instead of your legs
Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 AM   #3
L. Camejo

Dojo: Ontario Martial Arts
Canada

Good luck on the grading rasta Boon. I know you'll do well.

I'm another one who thinks the cultural exchange here is just cool. I've learnt so much about other ways of doing and viewing Aikido it's mind boggling. Not to mention the networking and interaction and getting to hook up with folks for training when travelling.

Good 2nd intro.
LC

--Mushin Mugamae - No Mind No Posture. He who is possessed by nothing possesses everything.--
http://www.tntaikido.org
http://www.mushinkan.ca
Old 05-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
maikerus
Japan

Quote:
Larry Camejo wrote:
Not to mention the networking and interaction and getting to hook up with folks for training when travelling.
Now if I can only swing that trip to T&T...right after the one to Malaysia...which would be just after the one to Himeji and right before those US destinations...Oh...and I have to go to The Netherlands and the UK and Israel sometime, too!

So many places...so little time. Maybe I'll just have to wait for people to come visit me in Japan

cheers,

--Michael

Old 05-30-2005, 08:00 PM   #5
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan

Well at least talking about the possibilities is good fun.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 05-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #6
L. Camejo

Dojo: Ontario Martial Arts
Canada

Quote:
Michael Stuempel wrote:
Now if I can only swing that trip to T&T...right after the one to Malaysia...which would be just after the one to Himeji and right before those US destinations...Oh...and I have to go to The Netherlands and the UK and Israel sometime, too!

So many places...so little time. Maybe I'll just have to wait for people to come visit me in Japan
Well Michael whenever you are ready come on down.

The Beaches, Women and Weather are HOT, the Beers are COLD and the Food is just great (if you like spicy). So save up those pennies and come on over we're waitin' for ya.

Oh yeah you'll probably get a tan from the mat burns in Aikido training alone too. Not to mention the Beach weapons sessions followed by our special ShodoTwist (our official dojo alcoholic drink) and Bake and Shark lime*.

We had rave reviews from the last (and only) Japanese shihan who visited. In fact they did not want to leave.

Oh, and you can bring Peter along with you too.

LC

P.S. *Lime is a Trini word for party, or just hanging out.

Last edited by L. Camejo : 05-30-2005 at 10:50 PM.

--Mushin Mugamae - No Mind No Posture. He who is possessed by nothing possesses everything.--
http://www.tntaikido.org
http://www.mushinkan.ca
Old 05-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #7
maikerus
Japan

Quote:
Larry Camejo wrote:

The Beaches, Women and Weather are HOT, the Beers are COLD and the Food is just great (if you like spicy). So save up those pennies and come on over we're waitin' for ya.
Alright...how much does it cost to get there from Tokyo and can you find me a business trip reason to go...say someone needs some help turning on a computer

argh! I have no pennies...only yen

oh...and Peter who? Just kidding...jeez...

--Michael

Old 05-30-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
xuzen

Dojo: None at the moment - on hiatus
Malaysia

Quote:
Larry Camejo wrote:

LC

P.S. *Lime is a Trini word for party, or just hanging out.
Maikerus said:...
Quote:
Alright...how much does it cost to get there from Tokyo and can you find me a business trip reason to go...say someone needs some help turning on a computer
Just remember to leave them missus at home eh! Ain't no want no jealousy brewing while one is on a business trip to turn on a client's computer in TnT.

SHOMEN-ATE (TM), the solution to 90% of aikido and life's problems.