Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Spiritual

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 06:44 AM   #101
virginia_kyu
Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
I knew I was hoping for too much, thanks for the sarcastic gesture Neil.

At least I can leave knowing that I tried and that it is a handful of others here that are latching on to hotility, ego, and their phony hypocritical "harmonious" twisted version of Aikido philosophy.

As I said before, I think it is time that many of you examined yourselves and your own personal flaws before trying to point out mine. And definately before you go around preaching philosophy that you don't even live by yourselves.

Good Luck.

-- Michael Neal
-- http://www.theaikidolink.dnsdyn.net/

Old 09-13-2002, 07:18 AM   #102
opherdonchin
Dojo: Baltimore Aikido
Hey Mike, no fair. I think Neil meant it seriously and you, at least, interpret his wishes as generously as possible.

I, too, wish you the best of luck and hope that eventually we all (you and us) grow up enough that you would feel comfortable here again.

I, for one, will miss you.

Yours in Aiki
Opher

Old 09-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #103
Neil Mick
Dojo: Aikido of Santa Cruz
Quote:
Opher Donchin (opherdonchin) wrote:
Hey Mike, no fair. I think Neil meant it seriously and you, at least, interpret his wishes as generously as possible.

I, too, wish you the best of luck and hope that eventually we all (you and us) grow up enough that you would feel comfortable here again.

I, for one, will miss you.
Exactly. The problem with email is that you can't hear my emotions.

I wish you the best, Michael, with no sarcasm intended.

Old 09-13-2002, 01:35 PM   #104
Alfonso
Michael I must remind you of:

http://www.aikiweb.com/humor/hooker2.html

Old 09-13-2002, 01:41 PM   #105
opherdonchin
Dojo: Baltimore Aikido
hee hee

Yours in Aiki
Opher

Old 09-13-2002, 08:50 PM   #106
virginia_kyu
Quote:
Alfonso Adriasola (Alfonso) wrote:
Michael I must remind you of:

http://www.aikiweb.com/humor/hooker2.html
So I guess you think you are one of the "middlelanders" then Alfonso? That was a pretty funny article and a good note to end this on.

Sorry for misjudging your intentions Neil, best wishes.

-- Michael Neal

Old 09-14-2002, 10:19 AM   #107
mike lee
in your words

IRAQI THREAD

Actually I can bring as many "facts" as you want to the conversation but honestly I have much better things to do with my time than to cross reference all my posts with quotes and facts from historical sources. I am done here because I need to get back to my life.

I have reported your post to the moderator because I think you are getting out of hand and getting very personal.

So get off of your witch hunt lady. Sorry for being so harsh but I don't think it over the line for someone who is calling me a "coward", "liar", and a "lowlife."

I can find no post here of mine or anyone elses that comes even close to being as rude, personal, and childish as Colleens. And I can not believe that you somehow are trying to twist all of this and point fingers and me for being the one who is name calling. ... There are two people here, you and Colleen, that are "dishonerable" and "disgusting."

I want an apology for the false claims that have been made against me here.

Also I don't see people accusing me of being a "liar", "coward", and "lowlife" qualifies as "ideas from other people."

With all do respect to you pal, please don't lecture me on what is proper Aikido behavior.

I really think I was wronged here with a mean spirited personal attack. And I also would like to add that I am the newbie here, I am being attacked by people many years my senior in Aikido, some of which claim to be pacifists and against any negative vibes. ... I am leaving because I really don't think I can learn much from many of you here.

THIS THREAD

I was however concerned that many see Aikido as a political movement rather than a martial art.

... what I am really talking about as people using Akido as some sort of official dogma to hammer everyone one about what the proper "Aiki" way to handle a world crisis is.

Anyway, as I stated on the Iraq thread I am going so I won't be posting anymore here. It has been a very interesting discussion. ... when I am practicing Aikido on the mat I really feel all of my aggression leave me.

... there are too many people that want to launch personal attacks rather than discuss and debate, and in the interest of my own personal harmony I am going elsewere to discuss Aikido.

Actually, Aikido is right for me, its just that many people on these forums are not.

This is exactly what bothers me so much, people using their vision of Aikido philosophy to tell others how to think.

I guess I just don't get what you all mean by "understanding."

The reason I said that I wanted to leave AikiWeb is because I am tired of constantly fending off personal attacks by people who see me as a representative of their political rivalry.

I did not ask for anyone's spiritual guidance, nor did I join Aikido in order to be told what is Aiki or not. I already have a religion and I am quite at peace with it and myself.

There is an active campaign here by some to misrepresent and mischaracterize everything I say.

I am also being called insane and having my words and intent twisted around.

I know that I keep saying that each time it is my last post ...

... it is a handful of others here that are latching on to hotility, ego, and their phony hypocritical "harmonious" twisted version of Aikido philosophy.

Old 09-14-2002, 03:40 PM   #108
virginia_kyu
Hey Mr. Lee, sorry that you want to keep this going and that you have so much you want to prove. Most of us here are able to put this behind us, sorry that you still want to fight but I have better things to do.

Good luck finding your path to harmony, you have a long way to go!

Last edited by virginia_kyu : 09-14-2002 at 03:52 PM.

-- Michael Neal

Old 09-14-2002, 10:44 PM   #109
akiy

Well, I've now received multiple complaints about this thread so far. I've also taken a look to see if there was any way I could "salvage" it and, personally, I don't see a way of doing so. Therefore, I'm just going to use my administrator's Occam's razor and closing this thread.

Please, folks. It would save a lot of grief on everyone's parts if people just maintained a good sense of decency towards each other. Thank you.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread