Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
wayneth
Dojo: Port Talbot Dojo
Wales
Kanetsuka Minoru Sensei

Hi
Can anyone on here please give me any information on what Kanetsuka Sensei was like from the time he was invited by Chiba Sensei in the 1970's.
The information I would more Like than any would be things on the gradings conducted by him and Chiba Sensei (especially the Yudansha gradings), the type of things he would do i.e. numerous Bokken Suburi. Also can someone say the famous underpants story where he taught in his underpants.
Thanks in advance, hopefully there would be a few anecdotes on here about Kanetsuka Sensei.
Wayne
Old 08-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
justin
United Kingdom
Re: Kanetsuka Minoru Sensei

you looking for dirt to dish wayne, congrats on your recent promotion as well
Old 08-21-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
wayneth
Dojo: Port Talbot Dojo
Wales

Hopefully Sensei will stop doing so much Suwari-waza and seiza with us. Well that's my intention anyway
The reason I am asking is to try and possibly understand why he is doing allot of the things he is doing at his courses. It may not get anywhere but there's no harm in asking. Plus its an extra from hearing it from Sensei Don or Sensei Brian.
Cheers Justin, it was those early Sunday morning sessions down with you. Simon did pretty well in his grading as well.
Wayne
Old 08-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
markwalsh
Dojo: Airenjuku Brighton
United Nations

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who know some stories but wouldn't write them down online - try getting one of the Shidoin a drink or two...

What Kanestsuka Sensei does is very special and I think it's a great shame that more material of him isn't available online.