Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-09-2004, 04:58 AM   #1
JessePasley
Dojo: none at the moment
China
Yo dudes

Hello all,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jim Phelps, Soke Grandmaster of Genki-ryu Ninjitsu. Respect my authority.

oh wait, wrong board, sorrry.

Okay, my name is Jesse Pasley, though sometimes people have been known to call me Paz. I study Shodokan Aikido in Himeji Japan under the illustrious Peter Rehse (who also wanted me to mention that he is a god on the mat...okay, so he is). I've only been studying Aikido since last May. I addition to Aikido, I also practice Kendo, throw logs around, and flex my muscles in front of a mirror.

I've been in martial arts most of my life; I did taekwondo clear up until the end of high school. At college I dabbled in taijiquan and praying mantis, amongst other Chinese styles. Until I came to Japan, I had plenty of prejudice against Japanese martial arts...most of what I had seen in America was really bad karate or 'corn flake' aikido. Then again, come to think of it, I really wasn't impressed with much in general, outside the places I had trained at.

I'm finding Aikido to be pretty cool now. I'm especially impressed with the training methodology employed by Shodokan and I've noticed the principles found in Aikido to spill over and interact with my other skills sets. It's use in Kendo is probably obvious, but the tsukuri and irimi are really great for sparring and drunken wrestling bouts with friends.

Okay, I'm out. Watch out for ninjas.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:03 AM   #2
justinm
United Kingdom
Hi Jesse,

Peter is indeed a god. I have faith - in fact that is all I have, since I've never met Peter but have read much of his illustrious writings and seen some dodgy photos...

Nice to hear from you.

Watch out for ninjas.

Justin

Justin McCarthy
Old 01-09-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
akiy

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your introduction and welcome to the AikiWeb Forums. It's great to have another Shodokan person here. Hope you'll feel welcome to just into the other discussions!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:01 AM   #4
L. Camejo

Dojo: Ontario Martial Arts
Canada
Hey Jesse,

Welcome to the forums from Shodokan Trinidad.

Hope you enjoy your training, from my impression I think you have a great instructor. Hoping to finally meet him and you possibly, one day in Japan. Saving my pennies at the moment.

Great to have another Shodokan member on board. Have fun!

L.C.

--Mushin Mugamae - No Mind No Posture. He who is possessed by nothing possesses everything.--
http://www.tntaikido.org
http://www.mushinkan.ca
Old 01-09-2004, 10:49 AM   #5
deepsoup
Dojo: Sheffield Shodokan Dojo
Hi Jesse,

Peter is definitely a deity, I can tell by how often I get the urge to reply "Yeah, what he said!" after his posts.

I used to flex my muscles in front of mirrors too, but nowadays I'm mostly too busy holding my breath. Its very sad.
Quote:
Larry Camejo (L. Camejo) wrote:
Great to have another Shodokan member on board. Have fun!
Yeah, what he said!

Sean

x