Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
Princess Rose

Dojo: Aikido of Northern CO
United_States
New traditions for Kagami Birake

Every year at Aikido of Northern Colorado (Aki No CO) we hold a special New Years celebration on the first Saturday morning after New Years. This usually includes some suburi, various forms of group meditation, reading from quotes by O Sensei, and last (everyone's favorite part) we raise our sake cups to toast the new year. This year, however, we have decided to slightly change one of the old traditions. For as long as this celebration has been held, (I've been attending for the past seven years and nothing has changed) we've been reading the same old quotes over and over again. It's gotten to the point that we all have them memorized. Although my usual "this is sooooooo boring" falls on deaf ears, the powers that be have decided to seek some new readings. The teachers have asked all of us to bring in some articles or quotes or favorite passages in books for the group to read together. I have been flipping through some of my favorite books and skimming Aikiweb and Aikido Journal for some interesting things but I decided to post here and ask for any ideas. So, if anybody has an article or book or quote or anything that they find particularly interesting please let me know. It does not have to fit any theme, or be relevant at all to our usual celebration. I'm just looking for anything that might be something to share with other Aikidoka. Oh it does have to be about Aikido though (I've already been told not to bring in any Physics books… But I did find something in an Aikido book about the physics of ki *evil laugh* ).