Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
Mary Heiny in Vermont with a Special Focus Oct 16,17,18

Posted 2009-09-03 17:47:47 by Don Hebert
News URL: http://www.rvaikido.org/about/calendar.htm

Mary says: "When I was in Shingu training with Hikitsuchi Sensei he gave me a teaching which has helped guide my Aikido development for many years. He told me that Osensei had taught him that Aikido develops a human being in five ways. These were called Ki-iku, Chi-iku, Tai-iku, Toku-iku and Joshiki. I have written a little about them on my website and would like to dedicate this seminar to a deeper investigation of their meaning.

Aikido develops our understanding of ki, our intellectual abilities, our physical well being, our ethical sensibilities and our social skills. The seminar will include ways to use one's mat practice to experience these principles and how they can apply to daily life. I invite you to come and explore how Aikido can enrich us in ways that go beyond our usual conceptions."

Contact Don Hebert, 11 Cottage Street, River Valley Aikido, Brattleboro, VT.
802-254-4118

Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Suru
United_States
Re: Mary Heiny in Vermont with a Special Focus Oct 16,17,18

I watched Heiny Sensei teach for a short time in Miami, years ago. I knew she was a major sensei of Aikido, and I wanted to see what I could pick up through mitori-geiko. This phrase sort of means, "watch and steal (technique)," but I had paid for a day of the seminar. She taught some subtleties that were brand new to me. What I saw was a confident, capable, and really kind woman with an honed teaching style. She was great fun to watch and listen to. She has respect for her students, which is evident in the way she taught aspects of the art that were brand new to me and probably some others present in a nurturing way.

Drew
Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Shadowfax

Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA
United_States

I had the pleasure of meeting Heiney Sensei and attending a seminar with her recently. She is really an amazing woman. And an excellent teacher I very much recommend going to her seminar if you can.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
donhebert
Dojo: River Valley Aikido
United_States

Thanks for the supportive comments. There are still 5 places left in the seminar - so sign up!

Best regards,

Don Hebert
Old 09-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Shadowfax

Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA
United_States

No doubt they will fill quickly. I wish I could attend. I think senseis Garth and Tara were planning to be there. I'll look forward to hearing their experiences when they return if they do.