Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
B.J.M.
Dojo: Aikido of Center City, Philadelphia, PA.
United_States
Waite Sensei Seminar DVD's Needed!

Hello,

I'm a huge fan of Donovan Waite sensei and have attended many seminars that he has conducted, (I'm even planning on staying at his dojo next summer for a period of time), so while I'm recovering from an Aikido related injury, it would be nice to watch something to keep me motivated and learning.

Does anyone own or have access to seminar footage of Donovan Waite sensei?

To be more specific, I'm trying to get dvd's two different dojo's sell: One is from Shugyoshin dojo of a 2005 seminar hosted by Waite sensei and the other is from Senshin dojo of a 2005 and a 2006 seminar also hosted by Waite sensei.

I have emailed both dojo's but have been unable to get a response. Both dojo's are outside of the U.S. and operate under the Aikido Federation headed by Yamada sensei.

If anyone reading this post is from these dojo's and could help me, it would be appreciated greatly. Or if anyone owns these dvd's themselves, or if anyone has anything else with Waite sensei it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by B.J.M. : 10-29-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:35 AM   #2
Joe Bowen

Dojo: Yongsan Aikikai
South Korea
Re: Waite Sensei Seminar DVD's Needed!

BJM,

Donovan Waite Sensei conducts an annual seminar in the UK at the St. Ives Aiki Dojo. If you go to the following website you can contact the dojo and inquire with them if they have any DVDs for you to purchase. I know they have DVDs going back to the year 2000. Waite Sensei comes every Sep/Oct and while the DVD for 2005 and this year are still being finished, there are at least four years for you to get your hands on.

George Hemmings Sensei heads the St Ives Dojo.

http://www.stives-aiki-dojo.org.uk/

Good Luck!

joe