Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #51
Jorge Garcia
Dojo: Shudokan School of Aikido
Re: Watch Out for Aikido 'Shihans'..........

Other people emailed me looking for Hector. No telling where he is but you should go buy Pet Smart and ask the night manager for Hector. Let me know if you find him.

"It is the philosophy that gives meaning to the method of training."

Old 04-16-2006, 04:29 AM   #52
crbateman

Quote:
Anne Marie Giri wrote:
I know what it's like to be duped. And I totally understanding the cynicism. Because I have been there. Does Juko-Kai mean anything to you? All I have to say at some point you need to ask yourself a question, "did you learn any aikido from this guy at all?" If so, even if it is something as basic as standing in hanmi then thank him for that, let go and move on. I took me a while to get past the hard feelings but eventually you do.

[ETA: I'm not saying this directly to you Clark, but your words sparked these thoughts as words of advice to our original poster.]
I understand your feelings, Anne Marie, but my point was (and is) that you cannot change something that has already happened. What you CAN change is what happens next, and to begin the next page with "poisoned" feelings is counterproductive. Remember the lesson, but give your next training relationship the chance to progress from a neutral point.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #53
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote:
I understand your feelings, Anne Marie, but my point was (and is) that you cannot change something that has already happened. What you CAN change is what happens next, and to begin the next page with "poisoned" feelings is counterproductive. Remember the lesson, but give your next training relationship the chance to progress from a neutral point.
I'm sorry, Clark, but I don't think you do understand my feelings.

If you haven't experienced this kind of thing, Clark, please consider yourself blessed. I have long since gotten past my hard feelings and with almost 6.5 years of training with people as good and respectable as Peter and Penny Bernath at Florida Aikikai my "next" training lesson has certainly progressed to a more positive point.

And what a person can do about folks like this IS to expose them for what they are. And they can help others find good decent schools and steer them away from some really questionable people. That is what I have done.

I guess my point is, Clark, if you haven't been there then you don't really know what it is like to get over it. Feelings are just that -- feelings, neither wrong nor right. They are not "poisoned." A person learns to deal with them in their own time and in there own way. Telling someone their feelings are "poisoned" is just plain wrong. My advice was one way to learn to deal with those feelings as it was what helped me move on. (Oh, they were the wise words of Penny Bernath.) "Should"ing all over someone is not going to help a person constructively deal with the situation.

Like I said, please consider yourself blessed if you haven't been in this situation where a martial arts instructor has lied or misled you about their background and you believed them.

Anne Marie Giri

Old 04-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #54
Jorge Garcia

I haven't been through what Brian or Ann Marie have been through but I have experienced a life changing tragedy that involved lies and deception. When someone does that to you, it is extremely difficult to "get over it and move on". I think the reason is that you deeply want to understand the meaning of what happened and it's effect on you. When the natural healing of time occurs, you still think about it every day and try to put it into perspective as you make yourself anew. Talking about it helps you to understand it internally and helping others avoid it makes you feel like you were able to redeem the experience into something positive.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #55
SeiserL

United_States

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote:
but my point was (and is) that you cannot change something that has already happened. What you CAN change is what happens next, and to begin the next page with "poisoned" feelings is counterproductive. Remember the lesson, but give your next training relationship the chance to progress from a neutral point.
Yes, remember the lesson and who taught it to you because forgetting only make one stupid. But it isn't a neutral point. Its a wound that hurts. Many of us would love to be able to raise above it and be the better person, but are humbly human and all the mess that it entails.

There is a cause and effect relationship. Sometimes others are the cause but the effect they have is generalized to other and to our art. We need to expand our connectedness outside of our own ego and realize that our actions, especially in leadership positions, have long range poisonous effects. We all pay such a high price for any betrayal. How does one get over those effects if we cannot talk openly and honestly about the truth and get support from others who agree that honor and integrity are important, perhaps more important than the mere physical skills?

Yes, forgiving means to acknowledge that something wrong has occurred, that wrong was by someone else, and give it back to them to carry as their fear and internal shame and guilt.

Too bad we all live with the effects. Students betrayed by their teachers have troubles trusting again. Teachers betrayed by their students also have great pain, fear, and have trouble trusting again.

It is simply not okay to lie or steal.

Yes, we probably all need to realize that it really is only a few people who betray. We need not generalize. But, we are all human and tend to. This makes it hard on everyone. And though it often creates some discomfort to be the messenger that exposes the truth, it is only through the truth that any of us will survive.

Okay. Sorry. I bow and humbly step of my personal soap box.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!

Old 04-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #56
SeiserL

United_States

Maybe we should start a thread on "Watch Out for Aikido 'Students'........" ?

What impact does it have on the legitimate teachers when their prior students betray them?

While being a perpetual student I have never been in a teacher position, I train under a legitimate credentialed teacher with direct lineage to O'Sensei, who has been betrayed and stolen from on several occasions. The impact has been devastating and demoralizing. Yet, he continues to teach on a daily basis.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!

Old 04-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #57
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States

As an instructor, students going the bogus route would definitely make you wonder where your message got lost. Or, worse yet, were you a poor judge of character. I have been on both sides of the fence where I have (1) encountered bogus instructors (twice) and (2) where I have had a student claim bogus credentials-not once but twice. The first set were aikido credentials and the second set were sword credentials-that one after he told me he found God and realized it was a bad thing to do. He is not aware I have checked on his sword credentials and as I surmised they don't exist. He made the mistake of giving me the name of his instructor. Such is life.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #58
Jorge Garcia

Say guys,
My son went by Dan's old place and it looks like he's out of business. There's now a Mail & Stuff place in his old location. In correlation with his website being gone, I would say that's it for the "Shihan".

Old 04-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #59
crbateman

Quote:
Anne Marie Giri wrote:
I'm sorry, Clark, but I don't think you do understand my feelings.

If you haven't experienced this kind of thing, Clark, please consider yourself blessed.

Like I said, please consider yourself blessed if you haven't been in this situation where a martial arts instructor has lied or misled you about their background and you believed them.
Anne Marie, I HAVE been there, and hard feelings about it did me NO good. Only when I put a positive spin on it was I able to get past it. Being a "hater" may be fine for some, but it gives me HEARTBURN. THAT is why I gave that advice, no more, no less. I'm out...

Old 04-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #60
SeiserL

United_States

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote:
I HAVE been there, and hard feelings about it did me NO good. Only when I put a positive spin on it was I able to get past it.
Couldn't agree more my friend.

It just takes some time, compassion, and insight without taking it personally. The journey is from the initial hard feeling of betrayal to a healthier attitude that allow us to grow.

I personally don't put a positive spin on it, since that feels too much like denial to me. I do have to learn (and relearn) to accept (not understand or agree) that other people can (and do) make different choices than I believe are right, and that they actually have that right. Technically, I guess it isn't right or wrong, good or bad, its just a different set of rules than I tend to chose or want to live with.

Also agreed, we have to do to get our head around it, accept the truth, move on with our lives, and get back to training with people who we do have a congruent matching code of ethics.

I hope we all see that the betrayal and stealing is really by a relative minority of people, though it produces the greatest harm. When I think of all the people I have trained with in 38 years, there is only a few that I would not want to train with again.

I looking froward to training with all of you who have experienced betrayal and learned to train on.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD

Old 04-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #61
giriasis
United_States

Quote:
Clark Bateman wrote:
Anne Marie, I HAVE been there, and hard feelings about it did me NO good. Only when I put a positive spin on it was I able to get past it. Being a "hater" may be fine for some, but it gives me HEARTBURN. THAT is why I gave that advice, no more, no less. I'm out...
Clark, you have an amazing way of defining my emotions for me. Sounds like your transfering some old feelings to whatever you experienced. Please do not transfer those on to me. Where in the world did I mention "hatred?" That's even worst than referring to my feelings as "poisonous." How do you know my feelings are filled with "hatred" and "poison?" Do you really know me? Just because I choose to look at reality the way it is and just because I choose not to turn a blind eye to frauds, cheats and misrepresentation does not mean I have to be filled with "hatred" or "poison."

I'm all for letting go too, but I'm with Lynn, here. Putting a positive spin on fraudulent persons is more like denial for me, too. It just your comments sound too much like telling a person who suffers from clinical depression to "just get over it."

Oh, and I'm not advocating an "E-budo" style lashing either. I'm all for people stating the facts. But I'm not for ignorning them. If someone asks about Juko Kai on this board. I'll tell them my experience and nothing more and I'll do it by private message. I'm just not for turning a blind eye on this kind of thing and I'm also not for bashing of decent respectable instructors as well.

Last edited by giriasis : 04-16-2006 at 04:29 PM.

Anne Marie Giri

Old 04-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #62
giriasis
United_States

Quote:
I looking froward to training with all of you who have experienced betrayal and learned to train on.
Lynn, if you're ever in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, you're more than welcome to join us at Florida Aikikai. You can catch me there during the evening classes, and we can share our training together.

Anne Marie Giri

Old 04-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #63
SeiserL

United_States

Quote:
Anne Marie Giri wrote:
Lynn, if you're ever in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, you're more than welcome to join us at Florida Aikikai. You can catch me there during the evening classes, and we can share our training together.
You and the Florida Aikikai have a very fond place in my heart for how honorably and honestly our past crossing of paths was handled.

This same holds true for Clark. I have known his honor and his heart. He is very good people.

I look forward to sharing space and time with so many people.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD

Old 04-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #64
Man of Aiki
Dojo: Aikido By The Bay
United_States

I hope he has a Keith Green break through.

From the song 'Your Love Broke Through':

Like a dreamer tryin' to build a highway
to the sky,
All my hopes,
Would come tumbling down and I never
knew just why.

Until today, when you pulled away the clouds
that hung like curtains on my eyes,
Well I've been blind all these wasted years
and I thought I was so wise,

But then you took me by surprise.

You can't build a dream based on lies no matter how hard you try.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #65
Man of Aiki
Dojo: Aikido By The Bay
United_States

Something else just hit me from going back and looking at Sensei Vella's now defunct website.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

He had two brown belts studying under him when I was there. What happened when one of them wanted to test for Shodan?

The site says they'd send off a video. Probably to Grandmaster Glenn R. Premru, where ever he is these days. Probably not a well known location since I understand he's still wanted by the Arizona U.S. Marshalls.

Man, that ticks me off. What If it had worked out and I'd stayed there and invested 2 or 3 years training, got to the point I wanted to test for Shodan, and ended up getting a worthless certificate from Premru's organization, the Okinawan Karate-Do Federation?

Old 04-19-2006, 06:31 PM   #66
giriasis
United_States

Quote:
Man, that ticks me off. What If it had worked out and I'd stayed there and invested 2 or 3 years training, got to the point I wanted to test for Shodan, and ended up getting a worthless certificate from Premru's organization, the Okinawan Karate-Do Federation?
You are what we called in my law school contracts law class: The Stuckee.

Anne Marie Giri

Old 02-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #67
Dan Vella
United_States
Shihan Dan Vella 5th dan/Founder/Sanban Kaigan

Watch out for Aikido ENVY

Webster defines ENVY as….having hatred or ill will…1. a feeling of discontent and ill will because of another's advantages, possessions, etc. 2. desire for some advantage or possession of another. 3. an object of envious feeling: as he was the envy of the other boys because he had a bicycle. 4. to feel ill will, jealousy, or discontent at his possession of something that one keenly desires to have or achieve oneself.

I have noticed there seems to be quite a few aikido website forums with dubious individuals, with seemingly questionable agenda's, who suffer from aikido envy. Individuals who love to spew their bovine feces about their fellow aikidoist under the guise of legitimacy, as being the true authorities on and saviors of aikido purity. I'm sure they're intentions are honorable, and that they are just trying to protect us from ourselves and make O' Sensei proud.

The nice thing about being 63 and having spent almost 20 years practicing and teaching aikido, is it gives one an advantage. By this stage of your career and life, you have gotten to have seen and about heard it all, and know where all the bodies are buried. At this level of life experience, you easily recognize a rectum when you run across one…I think we all can agree that there are elements of unscrupulous factions surrounding all martial arts, not just aikido. Even so, that doesn't give any of us the right to provoke others to wrath by employing hate mongering slander under the guise of social intercourse, that's intended to excite feelings of ill will and hostility between different groups and individuals. Most of the time if we look deeper into such immoral behavior we discover the root cause is ENVY.

An old constitutional law teacher of mine, used to tell me, "We move from the complex to the simple and the obvious is the last thing we see".

Over all these years now, I have seen, read and heard all the arguments, pro and con, as well as, all the venom propagandized concerning certifications, their so-called compared value ect.,ect.,…so on,…and so on… It's been my experience that certifications do not an aikidoist make. Especially when such certificates are only applicable to and within the organizations they are issued. Kind of a moot argument don't you think?

I always look to a person's character, their love for their fellow man, their passion for wisdom, their capacity for mercy and forgiveness and Kuden Shugyo, i.e, (person-to-person, heart-to-heart transmission, of the art of walking the Path or Way). I never found it conducive to the art of aikido to judge others by their current or past association's or actions of a prior sensei, their affiliates or prior students, whatever the case might have been. That's why our school is a private school, independent of any politics.

I began my study of aikido for personal growth and self improvement….the need is great for instructors who understand the meaning of self defense and the willingness to transfer the skills and knowledge to others without prejudice…or self promoting politics. But there are some so-called spiritual
instructor's in the art of aikido, who would rather, with malice and envy in their hearts work to injure others and their rights, with a view of restraining them from their freedom of choice and action. You don't always have to blend and harmonize, you know…..!

I made it a policy while teaching aikido, not to engage in these forum spit swapping debates about irrelevant and meaningless diatribe and arguments from paranoid, self serving, and self aggrandizing individuals who would better serve our art by spending more time on the mat teaching our young people morals and aiki ethics, rather than showing them by example the art of spewing opinionated, self defecating, hate propaganda, so they too could aspire to be just like their role models and become high ranking dan's, who enjoyed inflicting punishment, pain and loss on others not of like mind.

However, after viewing these forums hateful articles (Watch out for Shihan's and Aikido Frauds) I decided to, by "Special Appearance Only," exercise my 1st amendment right to freedom of speech i.e., the right to speak or not to speak. Especially since these articles directly showcased myself and others from an unscrupulous source.

Mr. Humm is correct, exposure on the other hand is something that can be undertaken, especially if one knows where all the bodies are buried…..and was present at the time and just happens to know the real truth about the matters and the people involved.

It was recently brought to my attention by several of my Insurance clients, they, being martial artists also, had googled my name and were confronted with the herein named articles and were shocked at their inflammatory, venomous and libelous contents. These materials were intentionally placed on the web to do just that. So after several years after their publications they continue to defame my character in the public domain and damage my private business.

I felt it was now an appropriate time to respond on this forum, in an attempt to expose and prevent these same despicable individuals from continuing their unbridled injuring of others whom they may also come to target with their heinous public campaigns of Hate and Violence. I have lawfully contacted the proper Federal agencies and Law enforcement authorities regarding these individuals and materials and continue to explore other available legal recourse.

I'm not going to sit here and try and controvert each and every vicious lie or justify personal decisions I've made walking in the Way. I don't tempt fate and I don't answer to fools. But I will address these rollicking, frolicking pranksters of the mortuary sign, who seemingly practice the dark arts and sciences.

Slanderous writings and libelous publications are difficult to address for anyone. Maybe some of you viewing this article will get this same opportunity someday. Especially if you have the misfortune of getting caught in these individual's cross hairs. Believe me, when I tell you all, it won't really matter what side of the fence your on, independent or otherwise, that's just their excuse and the beast in their nature.

Mr. Seiser stated O' Sensei didn't intend for aikido to be taught to people of low character. Yet throughout the years, I've witnessed a proliferation of same coming out of aikikai organizations. The individuals identified herein are a prime example and realization of that observation. As long as we have aikido envy and aikido elitists who promote hate and discord between groups and individuals and encourage their fellow aikidoist to bare false witness against others, for what ever reason they seem to try and justify as being legitimate in their minds, I'm afraid, "we all are fair game", and susceptible to their cowardly acts. Remember folks, what goes around comes around.

First, one must consider these inflammatory articles source. Sensei Dr. John Riggs 4th dan, I guess never heard the old adage, "when one points a falsely accusing finger at someone, remember you have three pointing back at yourself". I am surprised this man would expose himself and others of his persuasion for a "Bowl of Rice". It is my understanding that Dr. Riggs, in real life, has run afoul involving several indiscretions. I admit I have never met the man, nor have had the honor of working out with him, but I'm sure he is a real good aikidoist and a really nice guy. Enough said…

Let's move on to our next contestant, Sensei Jorge Garcia 3rd dan. Oh,Jorge?
In his Shudokan School of Aikido website posted 2/18/06 he states his humble beginnings at the Corpus Christi Aikikai in August of 1995, with "a closely knit and dedicated group of individuals", yours truly included, and proceeds to name us all. What he failed to tell, was, Eddie Martinez, Larry Zalazar, Jerry and Gail Thompson, Matt Crocker, Laura Stuckey, Hector Chavez, Mike Rains and myself, were an independent dojo several years earlier, studying Steven Segal's style of aikido.

Our biggest mistake was to join the U.S.A.F. Mid-west Aikikai. Right after that Rick Ricard, Joel Molina, Gilbert Fuentes and guys like Jorge Garcia showed up….be assured his so called expressed fondness for us all is half hearted and transparent at best. The events he described as leading up to the split between the two factions was not an accurate account. The real reason for the split from Aikikai, was for the very same reason I am sitting here today dealing with this matter.

It has been my experience and is my opinion that Aikikai is a cultish and racist organization. They are today still the same old hate mongering elitists, still the same old independent dojo bashers and hypocrites they've always been. Once people really understand this fact, maybe then, they too will liberate themselves and establish and open their own independent schools and organizations and begin to teach the true meaning of aikido without prejudice, malice or envy. Like John Lennon said "Can you Imagine".

Since the 1995 split, Aikikai, through one or another of their sensei's, has done everything in its power to publicly castrate, denigrate, libel and slander many of those original members named by Sensei Jorge in an attempt to keep their perceived monopoly of aikido as their exclusive right to pick and choose who can participate in its promulgation here in Corpus Christi, Tx.. Being the reason why so many, like myself and others still refuse to rejoin their ranks after all these years. We are living survivors, witnesses and perpetual victims to this continuing insidious cycle of aikikai hate mongering and independent dojo bashing, as again is shown, by the Prima Facie evidence of these forums hateful articles.

Moving on to Mr. Brian Cates, an individual who seemingly knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. "Crazy Brian" as some students
came to know him. Now this boy is a work of art, let me tell you. He thought he knew more about how things should go on the mat and how a dojo should be run than anyone. Of course he failed to mention, while he was so busy bashing us in these forum articles, about the numerous classes I gave him for free or the fact he left owing our school money, or that our dojo was open 3 hours a night 5 days a week, with 2 hour weapons classes every Sat…or the fact, we provided college scholarships to our graduating students, nor mentioned anything about our community at risk youth and anti-gang program.

I know it just slipped his mind that he had to be reprimanded several times for improper conduct toward our female students. I'm so sorry to have to disappoint a lot of you who were hoping he was going to be a creditable aikikai whore, but alas, this boy has some serious mental dis-ease. His irimi dosen't quite tenkan. We were glad to see him go. He was a whiner, a crybaby, a quitter and is a liar. But I'm sure some of you legitimate aikikai aikidoist out there would love to have a man of his character in your schools. Maybe, he will also put you in these forum articles and on Google, Ask and Yahoo.com.

Now let us examine Sensei Dr. Craig Hocker 2nd dan, of the Houston Ki Aikido Dojo, (Teacher Koichi Kashiwaya 8th dan) located in Houston, Texas. Sensei Hocker is the worst type of low character aikikai hate monger. Sensei Hocker's solicitation of others in forum to go and commit physical violence against myself and others is cowardly and despicable: Quoting Dr. Hocker's, "Me too, I think we need to go down there and break the rice bowl Texas Style". This is the most cowardly form of mentality one can achieve and is also regarded as a hate crime under Federal law in violation of USC Title 42 Civil Rights and USC Title 18 Criminal Statutes, therefore falling under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of Justice Hate Crimes Division. Again, I have taken the liberty of forwarding a criminal complaint and copies to same, of all forum publications regarding this matter.

I'm sure those individuals identified and participating on said forum won't mind being now placed on the Federal government's radar. As to Sensei Hocker's proclivity to commit violence upon me, including any other of his forum solicited bullet-proof aikikai dan's, I'm really not that hard to find.

"AND THE OBVIOUS IS THE LAST THING WE SEE"…i,e,.you're all just a hateful little group of vile, despicable aikikai cowards.

And, even though and in spite of, the above truth's, your best efforts to defame me and my good works, illuminates the painful reality that each of you has only accomplished exposing the envy, anger and hate which resides within your own hearts and the beast in your nature. Your acts have not only brought disgrace and shame upon yourselves, but dishonor to the aikido community at large and defile O'Sensei's memory. Your Dirty tricks and Mean spirits are not the spirit of aiki love but the absence of it. You all, serve to remind each of us why and what we as loving aikidoist train so hard not to become. "One cannot expose others without exposing oneself". You have earned my distain, but have my gratitude for validation of the "OBVIOUS".

In spite of the fact these articles referred to herein originated out of the Shudokan Aikido Association and were penned by Shihan Hiroshi Kato 8th dan instructors (Sensei's), I don't believe, just because, he is either so derelict in his responsibilities to the public at large or because, he is so incompetent he doesn't know about them at all or because, to date he has never made an attempt to control his instructors off the mat publications, being submitted in his name via his reputation, that he shares their same persuasions, or does (is) he?

I don't know if any of us will ever be able to eliminate aikido envy or the slanders it breeds, or be able to expose Slanders, Hate mongers and Racist such as these on our mats and in our organizations, but you can talk to your children and those you come in contact with. You can educate and talk straight with them and investigate any so called self proclaimed protectors of aikido purity.

For those who can remember Frank Zappa, he once sang "They said it couldn't happen here," well tell that to all the children victimized by the legitimate priests of the Catholic Church, those who survived the Civil Rights Movement and those who perished in the Holocaust, at the hands
of Hypocrites, Racists and Hate mongers. I'm sure they all would have a thing or two to say about people such as these herein, who are propagandizing captive authority over others in the name of lineage legitimacy and ideological purity. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Maybe Shihan Hiroshi Kato, his instructors and solicited others should remove the log from their own eyes, before ripping the speck from mine.
They need to go back to school and re-learn the "GOLDEN RULE".

Well boys and girls, I'm sorry its time to go, I'm tired. It's hard work stooping to this level. I won't post further on this subject, so I will leave you to continue your hate and gossip with these final words….

FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NO EXPLAINATION IS NEEDED !

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND, NO EXPLAINATION IS POSSIBLE !

Strength through Honor

Shihan Dan Vella 5th dan
Founder of Kuden Shugyo Ryu Style of Aikido

PS. Poor Joe Molina 2nd dan @ Academy of Asian Martial Arts C.C. TX.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #68
lbb
United_States

Um, wow.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #69
tarik

Dojo: Iwae Dojo
United_States

Oh joy... this should be fascinating (NOT!).

Quote:
I have lawfully contacted the proper Federal agencies and Law enforcement authorities regarding these individuals and materials and continue to explore other available legal recourse.
FWIW, libel and slander are civil offenses and ignored entirely by "Federal agencies" and "Law enforcement authorities", so if you are indeed serious about seeking legal recourse, you've gone the wrong route.

Quote:
I'm not going to sit here and try and controvert each and every vicious lie or justify personal decisions I've made walking in the Way. I don't tempt fate and I don't answer to fools. But I will address these rollicking, frolicking pranksters of the mortuary sign, who seemingly practice the dark arts and sciences.
FWIW, from where I sit, you could and should have done a much better job of rebutting the claims against you than you did if you wanted to be convincing.

Quote:
"AND THE OBVIOUS IS THE LAST THING WE SEE"…i,e,.you're all just a hateful little group of vile, despicable aikikai cowards.
Indulging in your own venomous responses isn't exactly setting the example you are asking others to maintain.

Regards,

Tarik Ghbeish
Jiyūshin-ryū AikiBudō - Iwae Dojo

MASAKATSU AGATSU -- "The true victory of self-mastery."

Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #70
ramenboy
Dojo: midwest aikido center

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Um, wow.
ha! took the words right out of my mouth! mary, touché!!!!

this thread is 2 years old

anyways, one of the things i've learned in my short time in aikido, or other martial arts for that matter, is that practice doesn't make perfect; correct practice makes perfect. which is why the majority of us here on aikiweb found teachers who were students of the founder of aikido, or maybe their teachers' teachers were. the belief is that these shihans would be the epitome of, in your words, 'heart to heart, person-to-person' transmission.

the persons you mention may have made crazy statements (unfortunately apparently none of us are as perfect as yourself), but inevitably decided to align themselves with and learn from great teachers, of great pedigree. and these great teachers have found no reason to question their character.

i also learned that theimportance of the practice of aikido is. shugyo. austere practice...any obstacles or insults or problems you shrug off and practice. keiko keiko keiko. isn't that what you call your style or school of aikido?

the persons you mention may have pissed you off, and at some point, i guess they'll have to deal with that. in terms of aikido, though, they can trace their lineage clearly back to the founder of aikido. which to everyone else makes their rank authentic and well respected. can you?

congratulations on founding your own style of aikido. but why are you only 5th dan? meh, doesn't matter. i'm sure you'll say rank doesn't mean anything anyways

Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #71
raul rodrigo
Philippines

I think Mr. Vella's post tells us all we need to know about him.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #72
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States

For what it's worth.

http://www.viewusedcars.com/smoka-usa/premru3.htm

From Bushido.
"http://www.azalmanac.com/AzMostWanted031304.htm

This once famous Karateka and forms champion from the 1960's and early 1970's has been a wanted felon since 2002.

He was caught trying defraud people out of over $10 million dollars, was arrested by the US Marshalls, posted his bond.....and fled.

He's still out there somewhere.

During the years preceding 2002, it turned out 'Soke' Premru sold hundreds, if not thousands, of worthless certificates purporting to prove the holders were highly advanced in numerous martial arts.

This is the only guy in America I'm aware of who is presently a wanted felon for mail fraud for selling fake certificates as part of a criminal scheme."

I guess people are still looking for Glenn.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 AM   #73
sorokod
United Kingdom

The History page on the (now defunct) www.aikido3rdcoast.com courtesy of web.archive.org

http://web.archive.org/web/200503181...m/History.html

Old 02-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #74
Ketsan
Dojo: Zanshin Kai
United Kingdom

"World Soke Grandmaster"

Old 02-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #75
akiy

Hi folks,

I think this thread has run out its course of usefulness with both "sides" having presented their cases. Thread closed.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread