Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
daniel loughlin
Dojo: Oldham
United Kingdom
Disgust oo my aching bones

yeah im 16 and have a bad back haha like an old man
just wondering if anyone can help
i tore a muscle (the one that hold your shoulder blade in place)
and its still giving me a bit of grief
any ideas for healing it?

Danny Loughlin
Old 08-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Kevin Wilbanks
Re: oo my aching bones

Yes. Seek advice from people with qualifications, who can actually examine and treat you in person, instead of from people you know nothing about on quasi-anonymous message boards.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
vjw
Dojo: Rochester Phoenix
United_States

Daniel,
This is the wrong place to ask for such advice. You need to see local experts, doctor/sports med doc/physio/phys trainer. You may get some people telling you what worked for them, some with knowledge will give you some good general tips, then someone will come in and tell you they have better quals and give you extreme remedies (because nothing else works). Take advice from someone that has the chance to examine your injury and assess your fitness in person.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Janet Rosen

in addition to the good advice above: know that soft tissue injury takes 6 to 8 wks to heal and NOTHING can really speed that as it is a molecular process built into the organism. If you reinjure it, reset the timer to zero as well as increase odds of turning an acute injury into a chronic one.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 08-19-2006, 02:25 AM   #5
daniel loughlin
Dojo: Oldham
United Kingdom

i have already had it examined by a number of doctors all telling me different things and sending me to be examined
the problem was also made worse when i did re--injure it by sneezing of all things
(that is still painful now)
however thankfull through aikido i know a number or healer ie shiatsuists and so it was fixed but the muscle problem is still there

and i understand that not everyone here is a doctor but im getting pretty desperate ive have it for about 2 and a half months now and im taking my next gradin in 1 month so i dont really want there to be anything that holds me back

Danny Loughlin
Old 08-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
vjw
Dojo: Rochester Phoenix
United_States

Daniel,

I had similar injuries at your age which I did not want to hold me back. I rushed on with my goals even though I kept aggravating them. Now I have to live with the consequences. The moments of triumph are distant memories. Getting to the finish line first or early is not important to me anymore. Getting there in one piece so that I can savor it is important. Putting off your grading for a few more months will not only help your revovery, but would also be a big step forwad in your growth as a person.
Enjoy your practice and give your body the respect that it deserves,
Vic