View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Death of Jack Arnold 7th Dan, Shihan

Quote:
Francis Takahashi wrote: View Post
Jack Arnold Shihan was first and foremost, an honorable man. His sense of loyalty, respect for others, and his deep compassion for his fellow humans, distinguished him apart from the many who would claim the mantle of a true leader. Quiet, unassuming, and more than willing to allow others to take the spotlight, he nonetheless played significant roles in the formation and progress of Ueshiba Aikido in Southern California and beyond. I am proud to call him friend.

My sincerest condolences to his family, friends, and the many associates he befriended throughout the decades of service to the cause of Aikido, and to humanity.

Guess Big Man upstairs needed a drummer. Well, he now has one of the very best.

May he rest in the Peace he so richly deserves.
Dear Takahashi Sensei,
i fully endorse you words regarding Mr Arnold.I was privileged to know him for well over thirty years.As you say he was a real gentleman.Not many people nowadays sad to say have the qualities
that Jack had. He was sincere, kind, caring , unassuming and as you say he did much to promote the art.In the wake of another recently deceased Shihan, Mark Murashige Sensei, I feel that fate has dealt each of us a bad hand. I personally feel a sense of tremendous loss of these two men.As you say , may each of them R.I.P.Joe