View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 03:40 AM   #67
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Testing before minimums???

Quote:
John Hillson wrote: View Post
Dear Sensei Curran,

Perhaps I expressed myself badly - I have no objection to being asked to eat bitter when there are deficiencies. I go to the dojo to learn, so I am happy when a teacher and a dojo have new material for me.

I would like to express my condolences to you and your dojo. I only met Chiba Sensei once, though I knew several of his students in Canada and the U.S. I attended a memorial work out in his honor this past weekend. He was a truly formidable and complete martial artist. He was highly creative and focused on giving his best to his students. His death is a great loss, but I feel he left a powerful organization to carry on his life's work.

I appreciate your comments very much.

I am sorry for your loss

John
Dear John,
I am sure the event held recently in memory of Chiba Sensei went well.Unfortunately to my regret i could not attend. As you say Sensei was very creative and gave his students the best that he could .For my own part I hosted in my own area a one day event which was the first Regional Course of the British Birankai held since Sensei's passing.We paid our respects to our teacher's memory, incence was offered and a one minute silence was observed in memory of Sensei.We followed up by body art and weapons trainingThe spirit in the dojo was excellent and everyone did well.The classes were led by Davinder Bath Sensei 6th Dan Shidoin from London.I wish to thank all who attended tis event and my thanks to Bath Sensei for his tuition.Joe,