View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #27
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Re: Screaming white belt newbie

Hey Heather,

I'm going to be honest and forthright here and say that I've got a couple of Red Flags going up.

The first is that in your previous post you said that you got "clotheslined" by your sensei, without receiving instruction on proper ukemi beforehand. This to me is a HUGE no-no. Not to mention that he did it full well knowing that you are very new and still recovering from an injury DING DING DING FLAG FLAG.

The second point that grabs my attention is the whole "soke" thing mentioned by John and Ron in this thread.

I hope you take this in the spirit in which it was intended. Please be careful out there. I've been sucked in by an instructor in the past claiming titles he didn't have. It turned out badly for everyone involved and I really would prefer others not have to go through what his students went through.

Best,

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."