View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #78
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Int. Vs. Ext - resisting a push

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
If you feel such links are so apparent, please explicitly reference those core practices within aikido when discussing these topics within the Internal Training in Aikido forum.

Thanks,

-- Jun
Well, I did, in the post that I addressed to you, and the same references have been raised many times on these forums.

I feel that everybody in these threads understands the context of the discussion (although they may not agree!), and that the discussion is in relation to internal training in Aikido, which is why I was puzzled by your statement.

Shout out to people on the thread - is there anybody who really does not understand this?

You may not agree that this is, or ought to be, a part of Aikido, and that's fine - jump in and join the discussion!

As I and Jason pointed out, there are many threads on the forums that are much more tangentially related to Aikido, but are somehow allowed to proceed without intereference so long as they involve something less controversial (and less interesting, IMO). Aren't the controversial topics the ones that we should be discussing?

Best,

Chris