View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #60
lbb
United_States
Re: Even at Boot Camp...no one can reach inside you and make you feel. Your feelings

Quote:
Anthony Loeppert wrote: View Post
Feel free to comment on this thread, it was created just for you:
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21761
Anthony,

I see that my efforts to communicate are failing. I was trying to poke some gentle fun at your rather grim determination to nail down definitions and create a consensus understanding. My attempted point was that we all hear and use words through our set of filters, no matter how we may strive to do otherwise, and that none of us has perfect diction (the use of "precision" and "accuracy" as interchangeable terms being one example of poor diction that sails right over the heads of most people). I agree that we have a responsibility in communication to use words in a mindful manner, but I don't believe that we can ever entirely discard our filters, or hope to use language that is so brilliantly clear that there can be no possible ambiguity or misinterpretation in how it is received. At a certain point, I believe, we must simply acknowledge that there's some slop in the process, and factor that into our efforts to communicate (giving and receiving) effectively. I'm sorry if my mild attempt at humor was offensive.