View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #34
Alic
Dojo: Sokushinkan Dojo, Vancouver
Canada
Re: Dangerous Situations

Hahaha... it's because I tried to fight back that I know I was too weak. I didn't know anything about how to punch, and wasn't fit at all, and slightly overweight. I put up as much resistance as I could, hoping it would deter them. Didn't work as well as I imagined it in my head...

I don't know what the future may hold for you, but many people are going back to college because they lost their jobs. In the current economy jobs are hard to come by for everyone, so trying to get hired now may not be the most prudent thing to do. If you can pull it off, mad props, but it's probably best to take shelter from this storm in a post-sec institution. Gain a degree or certificate in a growing field, and hope for the best. You may just graduate in time to see the next boom. I suggest green tech, as no matter what, it has to grow if this world society wants to continue existing.

Friends come in two categories, people you just like to hang with, and people you know will have your back when you're in deep dodo. I have one in the dojo, and 3 from highschool. It's not very many, but it's hard to find good bros like that, and it's really all you need. Just even one will make a big difference, when you know you got someone you can talk to without fear of ridicule (even if you deserve it for doing dumb shit).