PDA

View Full Version : Kill Previews

Please visit our sponsor:

Don_Modesto
01-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey, Jun!

As always, thanks for a terrific site.

A question: Is there some way to disconnect the little context-specific text-boxes which pop up over thread names in a list when browsing a folder?

Thanks.

giriasis
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I second that Jun. I know others like the function, but it drives me nuts.

Chuck Clark
01-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Me too!

akiy
01-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi Don, Anne Marie, Chuck,

Since I primarily use Firefox for my web browsing needs, I really never noticed those "thread preview" tool tip things!

I went ahead and turned them off. Let's see if there's any firestorm of people who want them back now...

Hope you're all doing well in your respective locales and that you're all staying warm (ha ha).

-- Jun

GreenLizzard
01-07-2006, 05:47 AM
huh?

Don_Modesto
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks, Jun.

I think it's a neat idea, but in reality, I never use them.

giriasis
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Virginia, It's a feature where when your are browsing a forum a little window comes up over the title of the thread.

Thanks, Jun. Yeah, it's in 50s right now. I fussed at my roomie last night for leaving the sliding glass doors open. And if Florida that means it's time to light a fire in the fire place and sleep under warm blankets. ;)

Ron Tisdale
01-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Wimps! I was just down in Orlando, and kept laughing to myself at everyone who was complaining about the cold! :)

Best,
Ron ( I hate those previews too...)

RobertBrass
01-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Those bugged me too.

Joe Bowen
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
So that explains why those little previews weren't coming up when I was scanning the board recently....I actually use those to see if I really want to open the topic, but if people don't like them, I can do without...

Charlie
01-12-2006, 12:37 AM
I actually preferred them as well...didn't have to open them if I didn't want to read them. Bummer.

jk
01-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I liked the previews too. Turn them back on and make Don, Ann Marie, Chuck, Ron and Robert use Firefox. Or we could have a poll...

Ron Tisdale
01-12-2006, 07:53 AM
:) Hey, at least I'm in good company!

;) R

Don_Modesto
01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I liked the previews too. Turn them back on and make Don, Ann Marie, Chuck, Ron and Robert use Firefox. Or we could have a poll...

I was kind of surprised when Jun killed them. My questions was whether I could turn them off in some prefs file. I'm happy they're gone, though, however they're gone.

The poll seems fairer, though.

Thanks for the hint about Firefox. Where would I set prefs there? I just look in the Prefs file and didn't see such an option.

akiy
01-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi folks,

Just to chime in that the switch to turn on/off the previews is a site-wide thing and not something that can be done per-user. I'm sure I could rewire things programatically so that it could be a per-user preference/option, but I'm kind of short on time right now to do so...

-- Jun

Don_Modesto
01-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm sure I could rewire things programatically so that it could be a per-user preference/option...

Not on my account, I hope. It's an annoyance, not a problem. I'm good either way.

Thanks, Jun.

giriasis
01-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I feel the way Don does on this. It's annoying, but if I want to know what a post is about I'll click on it.

Lan Powers
01-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for pre-answering my question Jun, It would be cool to have the previews or not, by the users preferences. (I was looking to see why they were off again...but hey, it ain't no big thing)
Either way, this is a way cool site. You must spend an enormous amount of time with it.
Thanks again
Lan

GaiaM
01-21-2006, 10:25 PM
I actually came to this area of the forum to start a thread asking them to be turned back on... I used them all the time. Of course, if most folks found them annoying, I'll survive. Honestly, though, I find myself less likely to actually go into topics without the preview.
Just my two cents worth... Thanks for all the great work on this site, Jun
Gaia

xuzen
01-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi Jun,

I too prefer the preview to be on. Thanks.

Boon.

Chuck.Gordon
01-27-2006, 08:04 AM
I like the previews. Saves lots of time, IMHO.

GaiaM
03-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Months later and it's still driving me crazy that there aren't previews... Any chance we could have a poll as a vote to see if they should be turned back on???

Gaia

akiy
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Gaia,

As I wrote above, I will try to implement this as an option in your preferences once I get some more time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Jun