PDA

View Full Version : sayings from training

Please visit our sponsor:

taras
08-12-2003, 06:28 AM
I found these on the website of my old dojo at http://www.lenkai.spb.ru/weshu.cgi#

while uke executes an ukemi nage does ... nagemi

"Do I fall wrong?" - a young uke

"With a tanden like that you will go far"

"Look how he is gripping the ground with his heels"

"Why are you dropping me all the time?"

OSensei used to throw people without touching them ... and they fell ... because they knew - his touch was deadly

- Aikido is an art of love
- Like Kamasutra?

Boken Mach3 - you make one move and it slices three times!

With an uke like that you don't need a tori

"Can I have a soft uke please?"

TheFallGuy
08-12-2003, 11:01 AM
You know. Some of those were really funny. Although, I doubt very many people here would catch most of that, let alone read it. Well, Alexey would, but hey he's Russian, even in his posts.

"Good Ukes happen only in fairy tales." Hmmm, I remember a thread somewhere here that went along those lines.

BTW Taras, where you from? Your name is so Ukrainian!

taras
08-12-2003, 01:43 PM
My father is Ukranian, I was born in St.Petersburg

I tried to translate them as close as I could, I'm sorry if the funny bits were lost in the translation

kung fu hamster
08-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Did you miss one?

"Can I have a soft nage please?"

;)

taras
08-12-2003, 04:12 PM
I've just been talking about Aikido on another forum and one of the participants amazed me with his knowlefge of the art. He literally said: "Aikido is good for showing off. They grab your wrist and you rip their fingers off."

sanosuke
08-12-2003, 08:23 PM
"Aikido is good for showing off. They grab your wrist and you rip their fingers off."

typical aikido arrogance, isn't it?

taras
08-13-2003, 08:03 AM
oh, I found it hilarious! In Russian it literally sounded like 'rip their fingers together with the roots' This was said by someone who never done any Aikido.

taras
08-30-2003, 04:55 AM
Here's another one I heard a few days ago:

'Ki is better than Chi'