PDA

View Full Version : Yoshinkan tai saaki/kihon dosa

Please visit our sponsor:

Kieun
01-08-2003, 09:21 AM
Hi folks, I read in a thread here somewhere (can't remember whick one) that said that there are 6 basic body movements that are practiced over and over in Yoshinkan schools and that these 6 basic movements are found in all the various techniques. Could someone tell me what the 6 movements are? I have the ToTal Aikido book by Gozo Shioda but am not sure which 6 were being referred to. Thanks.

Steven
01-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi folks, I read in a thread here somewhere (can't remember whick one) that said that there are 6 basic body movements that are practiced over and over in Yoshinkan schools and that these 6 basic movements are found in all the various techniques. Could someone tell me what the 6 movements are? I have the ToTal Aikido book by Gozo Shioda but am not sure which 6 were being referred to. Thanks.
The 6 basic movements (kihon dosa) that you refer to, start on page 32 of "Total Aikido".

They are:

Hiriki no yosei ichi (Elbow Power 1)

Hiriki no yosei ni (Elbow Power 2)

Tai no henko ichi (Body change movement 1)

Tai no henko ni (Boday change movement 2)

The last two are a combination of the previous 4 and is the basic footwork for Shiho-nage ichi and ni. (Page 71) They are

Shumatsu dosa ichi (after-class exercise 1)

Shumatsu dosa ni (after-class exercise 2)

All 6 movements can be done alone, with partner and with bokken. The book shows it alone and with partner.

Hope that helps ...

Emre DIKICI
01-08-2003, 09:48 AM
The Basic Movements in Yoshinkan are,

Hiriki no yosei ichi

Hiriki no yosei ni

Tai no henko ichi

Tai no henko ni

Shimatsu dosa ichi

Shimatsu dosa ni

The first two involves moving your elbow and weight shifting, the second two are body movement and and last two are after class exercises basically resembles shihonage ura and omote.

They are illustrated in Gozo Shioda's book Total Aikido I think right before the Basic Techniques chapter.

I hope this helps

Emre

siwilson
06-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Hiriki no yosei ichi (Elbow Power 1)

Hiriki no yosei ni (Elbow Power 2)

Yagi Sensei told me that "Hiriki No Yosei" means "moving the centre".

Kancho Shioda says "Hiriki" is "Elbow Power".

So I see it as "Elbow power from the moving centre".

Osu!