PDA

View Full Version : Nothing very important but..

Please visit our sponsor:

Kat.C
11-05-2002, 07:18 AM
Jun, I often get disconnected from the internet and sometimes it takes me so long to get back on that when I return to aikiweb none of the new post arrows are there from before. I find it rather difficult to then find the posts I haven't read especially in really long threads, is there any way to change that? Also I'm having problems with private messages sent to me, in that I don't know they have been sent unless I scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page which I rarely remeber to do. I have an option checked off in my user options to pop up a box when I get a message but I've never noticed anything. Is it not working or am I just missing seeing it? I suppose if I wasn't so lazy none of this would be a problem:rolleyes: Anyways, is there anything that can be done Jun? I'd really appreciate it.

akiy
11-05-2002, 08:52 AM
As for the initial question of not having the "new messages" arrows, what you can do is use the [View New Posts] link at the top of every page to get a listing of all of the new posts. You can then use your browser's ability to open up links in a new window so that this listing remains intact. This way, even if you do get disconnected, you'll have the listing of new posts that you can refer back to.

As far as private messages go, you can also have the system send you a piece of e-mail when you receive a private message. That's what I do...

Hope that helps.

-- Jun

Kat.C
11-05-2002, 09:06 AM
Thank you Jun, I'll use both suggestions,I should have tried the e-mail notification before.