PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Peter Brady Shihan

Please visit our sponsor:

philipsmith
07-26-2018, 01:32 PM
It is our sad duty to inform everyone that Peter Brady 7th Dan Shihan recently passed away.

Peter was a founder member of the UKA and before that the West Midlands Aikikai. He started his Aikido journey at East Midlands Hospital (now Heartlands) with Brian Marriott and joined the BAF through the West Midlands Aikikai in 1972.

He was renowned for his energetic technique and weapons knowledge and application - being also a 3rd Dan Iai-do practitioner through the British Kendo Association. He regularly visited Greece to teach as well as dojos through the UK and was house principal of Myo Shin Juku.

Despite his illness Peter was able to visit the Hombu Dojo in Tokyo and personally receive his 7th Dan certificate in October of last year; a testament to his strength of character.

Peter will be sorely missed not only the UKA but by other UK and international dojos. He faced his illness with great fortitude and his usual good humor and his loss is keenly felt by us all. Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Peter Goldsbury
07-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Hello Philip,

I hope you are well.

I was rather shocked to hear of the passing away of Peter Brady, for memories took me back to the days of the West Midlands Aikikai in the very early 70's, not long after I started.

None of us is getting any younger and this fact tends to intrude with increasing emphasis with the passing of time. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Best wishes,

Peter Goldsbury

tarik
08-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Condolences to all who knew him.

nikyu62
08-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Please allow me to add my condolences to his family and friends.