PDA

View Full Version : Left and right

Please visit our sponsor:

David Luddingto
08-12-2002, 01:57 AM
Hi
I am looking for info on the spiritual significance on the left and right side of the body within Aikido. For example, in the exersice torrefume (sp?) we make a different sound for left and right - connected to heart or liver. But I feel there's a lot more to this than I currently know.
Thanks
David Luddington

mike lee
08-12-2002, 04:34 AM
The only thing I know about left and right is from an old coal miners' song. It says something like: One fist is iron, the other steel; if one don't get ya, the other one will. :freaky:

DaveO
08-12-2002, 05:26 AM
... but only if you owe your soul to the company store. hee hee!

SeiserL
08-12-2002, 08:06 AM
I am not familiar with the significance of different sounds for different sides stimulating different organs. I cannot site any references.

You may need to check into bi-lateral movement as it effects the left and right hemisphere of the brain. There is some sound significance to energizing and balancing the chakra system (though the liver is not usually consider a chakra site). Check the accupunture meridian literature.

Best bet, ask you Sensei. If you are being taught this, they should be able to explain it to you and tell you why. I find an intellectual understanding and acceptance of the principle helps my training.

Until again,

Lynn

Bruce Baker
08-12-2002, 02:18 PM
The relation of different exercises and sounds are related to the positive and negative energy that makes up the bodys nervous system, sometimes called the positive and negative chi/ki flow.

When examining the kotodama, the sounds of the universe that affect movement, and many healing practices, we find that polarity of the natural body is different in men and women.

Hence, with the healing sounds, the practices of martial arts, and even examining the different areas of the body that generate different polarities of energy, you will find affecting stimuli that causes healing, increased power to the muscular action, or even vibrations that seem to cause different levels of conciousness such as yoga practice with sound.

After reading more than fifty books about yoga, a hundred books about martial arts, and then experiencing pressure point knock outs while using accupressure to sooth my aches and pains, I am a believer in using proven techniques to increase health, wellbeing, and sometimes increase strength of movements with sounds.

Left and right?

Find out why some strikes or movements are more effective due to the bodys polarity, and then you will find most of the answers you seek.