PDA

View Full Version : Assuming the worst

Please visit our sponsor:

Kensai
07-02-2002, 02:40 AM
What if....

We can always say what if, as personally I have never been (and hopefully never will be) in a situation where I would have to use what I have learned from my Sensei.

What maritial art would you least like to go up against?

To be frank BJJ practioners scare the hell out of me. Ground work is not really my strong point. Also Mauy Tai boxers are also a little intimediating, especially with the proficienty with their elbows. Also the good internal martial arts like Pu Gua or Hsing i which when done fast are desvastating.

I was just wondering what you guys thought.

Cheers

Chris

Chuck.Gordon
07-02-2002, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Kensai
What if....

Thermo-nuclear-jutsu.

Chuck

Duarh
07-02-2002, 03:34 AM
maritial art? are you talking wife-do? husband-stick-jutsu?

jk
07-02-2002, 03:43 AM
Gotta be mother-in-law jutsu...I can feel my self-esteem ebbing away already...

Kensai
07-02-2002, 03:50 AM
Sorry about the spelling mistake. Although I am sure marital jutsu would be scarey and thermo nuclear jutsu even slightly worse.

However what I meant to say was Martial art.

Soz

Chris

Duarh
07-02-2002, 04:02 AM
:D we understand, of course, but. . .

i don't think yours is a question that can have any meaningful answer. I'd fear fighting anyone with lots of experience, whatever art it should be.

paw
07-02-2002, 05:54 AM
To be frank BJJ practioners scare the hell out of me.

We're really nice folks once you get to know us. :D

Regards,

Paul

Kensai
07-02-2002, 06:48 AM
Yea I am sure you are. But some of the moves are alittle "brutal".

Duarh I also understand that fighting for any reason should be avoided. However putting the practioner aside. Simply on the movements of that art, or its empasis on certain areas. Weither it be pressure points, locks or punchs.

Cheers

Chris

Duarh
07-02-2002, 06:53 AM
you misunderstood me - i was saying that any art can be deadly if used masterfully and any art can be crap at the hands of someone who doesn't know what s/he's doing

apart from that, i wouldn't ever want to go against Thai-boxers, boxers, kempo practicioners, etc, etc - and anyone practicing gun-do :)

SeiserL
07-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Kensai

Sniper.

Until again,

Lynn

Kensai
07-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Since when has Sniping been a martial art?

Lyle Bogin
07-02-2002, 11:04 AM
Sniping, like archery, has always been a martial art.

If you are afraid of something, experience it.

Mushroom
07-02-2002, 12:46 PM
read your own quotation at the end of your posts.

Kensai
07-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Good point.

Jim ashby
07-03-2002, 02:24 AM
I once was in the company of some Royal Marine snipers, one wore a T shirt (American I think) which said "Sniper. Don't run, you'll just die tired." BTW isn't the martial use of weapons called Hojutsu? I could be wrong.
Have fun.

markronquillo
07-03-2002, 08:57 AM
As bruises and bumps tend to heal faster than broken bones, I'd prefer to avoid aikido, jujitsu and other joint-focused arts.

And Lyle, welcome back.
See you in class.

Kensai
07-03-2002, 11:11 AM
I agree. But what about the effects of well executed kicking technique. Not from Karate or TKD perhaps something like White Crane Gung Fu. As they train virtually in all aerobatics. How would you even start to attack or indeed defend against that?

Cheers

Chris

jimvance
07-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Jim Ashby
BTW isn't the martial use of weapons called Hojutsu?I don't know of any other use for weapons (other than the martial use), unless you want to follow the biblical suggestion of using your swords for plowshares and your spears for pruning hooks. You could get creative....

"Hojutsu" means gunnery or artillery.

Jim Vance

Brian H
07-03-2002, 11:49 AM
I would not want to advance accross an open area to take on a sniper concealed in a building with my Aikido skills. But if I were inside a tank .... See "Saving Private Ryan" Afew days ago a naked crazy guy attacked an armed cop (gun drawn) and killed him with his own weapon. The cop had every advantage except he was not willing to shoot an unarmed man. So now he is dead.