PDA

View Full Version : Abe Seiseki Sensei Passes Away

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb System
05-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Posted 2011-05-18 11:41:03 by Jun Akiyama
News URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiseki_Abe

Abe Seiseki sensei (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiseki_Abe) has passed away on May 18th, 2011 at the age of 96. He was both a student of aikido founder Morihei Ueshiba as well as his calligraphy teacher. He was awarded 10th dan verbally by the founder, although the Aikikai only recognized him as 8th dan.

Our condolences go to his family, friends, students, and loved ones.

aikishihan
05-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Sincerest condolences to the family, friends and supporters of the late Seiseki Abe Sensei.

The Aikido world mourns its great loss of this incomparable pioneer and priceless resource for things Aiki, and O Sensei related.

May he rest in the peace he so richly deserves.

Marc Abrams
05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
R.I.P. to a truly great representative of Aikido.

Marc Abrams

Misogi-no-Gyo
05-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I am very sad to report to everyone the passing of Seiseki Abe Sensei. While there is much to say about his Aikido, his Shodo and his life, of course, at the moment I am truly stunned and at a loss for words. I met Abe Sensei 20 years ago and like thousands of others students from around globe, will remain deeply influenced by his gentle character, immense humanity, subltle guiding hand and his ability to show love to his fellow human beings.

Demetrio Cereijo
05-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Sad news indeed.

My condolences.

crbateman
05-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Another pillar has fallen. Sad news indeed. :( RIP Sensei.

Demetrio Cereijo
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
OTOH,

I've seen mentioned in a spanish martial arts forum Tohei Koichi has passed too.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ron Tisdale
05-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Shaun Ravens gave me the opportunity to meet Abe Sensei some time ago. It was and is one of the most rewarding events in my aikido life. I send my heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and students. If you search this site, I believe you can find some of my observations on the short amount of time I was lucky to spend with him.

Thank you Shaun for that opportunity, and my thoughts are with you and Matsuoka Sensei now.

Best,
Ron Tisdale

SeiserL
05-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Osu,
Compassion and condolences.
A great man and a great loss.
Lets not lose what he passed on.
Rei, Domo Sensei.

Gernot Hassenpflug
05-19-2011, 08:21 PM
It is with great sadness to have received this news late last night. Even as a less than talented and observative aikido student I learnt an immeasurable amount from Abe Seiseki shihan, and he put me on a road, a new road, that I am proud to say I will be on forever. Abe sensei's life was and continues to be an inspiration to many, and he will most definitely live on in the memories of those he touched with his gentle compassionate humanity.

rulemaker
05-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Our deepest condolences to the family and students of Seiseki Abe Sensei.

Aikido Philippines

sakumeikan
05-20-2011, 04:03 AM
Another great Aikidoka passes on .May he be remebered by all who knew him.Condolences to his family,
With respect , Joe Curran