PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft

Please visit our sponsor:

Ketsan
02-25-2010, 07:23 PM
How is it that when I'm totally relaxed I can easily move people resisting with all their strength?

lbb
02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
I don't know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZIBm2QGaM).

crbateman
02-25-2010, 09:52 PM
For the same reason that flowing water is often more irresistible than ice. Being relaxed allows the energy to be dynamic.

ChrisHein
02-25-2010, 11:50 PM
They must be using their strength wrong.

Cliff Judge
02-26-2010, 08:26 AM
The trick is that using "all of your strength" is actually a very poor way to "resist."

It may be a good way to loosen a stubborn lugnut or lift an extremely heavy object, but against a force that can shift and move around it's a poor strategy.

David Board
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
The trick is that using "all of your strength" is actually a very poor way to "resist."

It may be a good way to loosen a stubborn lugnut or lift an extremely heavy object, but against a force that can shift and move around it's a poor strategy.

And even then I'm always a proponent of a bit of penetrating oil and a cheater bar. And as for a heavy object, I'll take Archimedes' advice. Technically the same force but I get to spread the work load lout.

Larry Cuvin
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Principle of non-dissension working properly maybe.

mathewjgano
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
How is it that when I'm totally relaxed I can easily move people resisting with all their strength?

Telekinetic super-Ki? How you can move while "totally" relaxed is beyond me!:p :D
Sorry couldn't resist!
When you're relaxed forces settle into the ground more readily? ...as opposed to being allowed to move more laterally? I wonder if it has to do with what was mentioned in another thread about being gravity-based organisms. We're naturally quite strong in the vertical since we regularly hold up under quite a bit of constant downward pressure. I wonder if relaxing allows the spine to channel more of the incoming force downward then...or something near to that anyway...

thisisnotreal
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
vid?

maybe you are finding the lack of your 'muscular effort' is helping you in 'getting out of your own way' and as a result; you are guided into the conduit/channel/alignment where you are not directly challenging their muscular strength...and hence...being guided into the efficient line of countering their structure with your own.

thisisnotwitchcraft my friend. isn't that part of good Aikido? non-contention?

Rob Watson
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
For the same reason that flowing water is often more irresistible than ice. Being relaxed allows the energy to be dynamic.

Water transformed into ice destroys granite and ice in the form of a glacier grinds mountains flat. Liquid water can be used to cut steel. Steam can to wicked things as well. Water in its various states is amazing stuff not to be triffled with.

RED
03-02-2010, 07:20 PM

He's a witch!!!!! Burn him's I's says!!!!:eek:

:hypno:

Andrew Macdonald
03-02-2010, 09:41 PM
same differnce between a brick and a wet sponge of equal weight

ruthmc
03-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Resisting with all your strength can only be done in one direction.

Relax and move in a different direction :)

Ruth

tarik
03-03-2010, 10:58 AM

If you were totally relaxed, you'd be lying on the ground not moving.