PDA

View Full Version : Dojos Near Hermosillo, Mexico or Training Alternative

Please visit our sponsor:

ViccMx
09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi..

Since a couple of years ago I've been searching for a way to train Aikido here at Hermosillo, Mx. Unfortunately I didn'd find any dojo or Sensei to train with.. :(

Really I'm wishing more than ever to train and keep looking to find a way to learn

Does anyone know an alternative way to start training??, I'd really appreciate your help!!! :)

P.S. You're so lucky to have this kind of knowledge at hand!! :ai:

Jorge Garcia
09-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi..

Since a couple of years ago I've been searching for a way to train Aikido here at Hermosillo, Mx. Unfortunately I didn'd find any dojo or Sensei to train with.. :(

Really I'm wishing more than ever to train and keep looking to find a way to learn

Does anyone know an alternative way to start training??, I'd really appreciate your help!!! :)

P.S. You're so lucky to have this kind of knowledge at hand!! :ai:

Your post reminded me of a time in 1995 when I sat in our small dojo in Corpus Christi, Texas and we had a 3rd kyu instructor at the time, and I would read the magazines about all these great Shihans and the great instruction and I thought about how lucky those people were. Little did I know that my job would transfer me to Houston and that here, I would meet a great Japanese Shihan and would have a long relationship with him getting to travel all over the U.S. and even internationally with him. It turned out not only to be a great privilege but a great responsibility but I became the "lucky" one. I think it wasn't luck but God who saw the desire of my heart and granted it to me.

May I ask where Hermosillo is? Also, what major city are you close to?

Best wishes,
Jorge

ViccMx
09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Hermosillo is capital city of Sonora State here in Mexico, the largest city with Aikido Dojos near is Tucson, Az. 240Mi from here..

There are Dojos located in other States such as Chihuahua, (Chihuahua Aikikai), but you spent a lot of time traveling over there, I think 6 Hours or more, instead of 3.5Hrs to Tucson..

I agree with you, be the lucky one sometimes represents a huge responsability, but you got a lot of satisfaction...

Really, I'd like to be in your shoes, since I was a kid I considere Aikido not only as a art, but a lifestyle.. representing how can u defeat an enemy, not only an attacker, I mean, problems or situations on your daily life through peace.. Learning how to deal with all this must be wonderful

Well that's the spirit of this art, ain't? :)

Regards