PDA

View Full Version : Kanji for shiro kashi

Please visit our sponsor:

peter martin-browning
04-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me where on the web I can find the kanji for shiro kashi? I need a site that gives the picture version of the characters, since my machine is not able to work with them. Also I would strongly prefer a site that gives a picture of the characters written with brush.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Peter

Carl Thompson
04-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Hello Peter

For those who can see the kanji, it’s 白樫 right?

It seems like you want to download a pre-existing piece of Japanese text in picture form. I think it would take a while to trawl through the net trying to find a jpeg of those particular kanji. However, it’s not particularly hard for those of us who do have Japanese enabled on our machines to make Japanese text into a picture file for you.

If you email me, I’ll send you a pdf or whatever you like of the kanji in a few different brush fonts.

Carl

Mashu
04-23-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=376&stc=1&d=1177393226

Shirakashi

I copied it into windows paint and made a jpeg to upload. Hope you don't mind. :-)

Carl Thompson
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Cool! I didn't realise we could do attachments. Also, sorry Matthew, I forgot that I'd disabled emails due to my fear of spam. Anyway, here's mine: Typed them in Flash, pasted into Freehand, then exported as pdf. You can use the "image capture" (camera icon) in Acrobat Reader to select and copy the ones you like and paste them wherever.

peter martin-browning
05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Carl

I tried to e-mail you but I could not find how to do it. Nevertheless you have come up with several options and I am most grateful

At your service

Peter

peter martin-browning
05-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks also to you, matthew. I am awed by your ability with language.

At your service

Peter

Mashu
05-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks also to you, matthew.

My pleasure.

I am awed by your ability with language.

Why? :)