PDA

View Full Version : Poll: If you had a choice, when in the day would be your preference for aikido training?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb System
04-22-2007, 08:58 AM
AikiWeb Poll for the week of April 22, 2007:

If you had a choice, when in the day would be your preference for aikido training?

I don't do aikido
Morning (6am-10am)
Mid-Day (10am-2pm)
Afternoon (2pm-6pm)
Evening (6pm-10pm)
Night (10pm-)

Here are the current results (http://www.aikiweb.com/polls/results.html?poll_id=373).

SeiserL
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
I am a morning person.

Daytime is for work.

Evenings are for family.

Weekends are shared.

Mark Uttech
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM
The first time I tried early morning practice, I knew the value of it; it set the tone for the rest of the day, and each of those days was a day of no regret.

In gassho,

Mark

Chuck Clark
04-22-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm in total agreement with both of you gentlemen. I've always been an early riser and training early is great.

senshincenter
04-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Yuck - I hate our 6 a.m. classes! The mood they set for me for the rest of the day is "exhaustion!" lol

For me, there is nothing like training in noon in our dojo with its sky-lights, the bright Santa Barbara sun beaming down through the ceiling, in the perfect Southern Californian weather (not too hot, not too cold). Perfection!

:-)
dmv

mriehle
04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm a swingshift kinda guy in a dayshift world. The hours from 6pm to around 10pm are my most active hourse of the day.

But my second most productive hours would be - ironically - from around 6am to 10am.

tarik
04-23-2007, 01:20 PM
There was no selection for all day! :rolleyes:

That said, I usually train during lunch or evenings, but I prefer mornings when I can make myself into an early riser and used to enjoy teaching and training in those classes.

Alas, the job lately, has me up until 2-3am at time, making 6am classes a thing of the past. :eek:

connie brown
04-24-2007, 04:49 PM
from an ayurvedic standpoint, 6am to 10am is the best time for your body to be active. The second best time is 6pm to 10pm. my preference is in the morning, cause it energizes me for the rest of the day, and it feels good to get up early and get moving right away.

ChrisBarry
04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
My favorate memory was doing aikido weapons practice on saterday morning around 9am... windows open a slight breeze coming through the windows... northern california weather... it was like a private world.