PDA

View Full Version : Article: Writing? Why the Hell Would I? by "The Grindstone"

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb System
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Discuss the article, "Writing? Why the Hell Would I?" by "The Grindstone" here.

Article URL: http://www.aikiweb.com/columns/thegrindstone/2006_09.html

Lan Powers
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
I am deeply sorry for your situation....Prayers and best wishes from us all here in Aikido of Midland.
Warmest regards,
Lan Powers

Krista DeCoste
09-22-2006, 07:27 AM
I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. Facing such a situation requires all the courage you have. Just wanted to say thanks for putting yourself out there to write about it. I pray you find healing.

Best Wishes,
Krista DeCoste

MM
09-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Gambatte kudasai, Mike san.

aikidoc
09-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Best wishes Mike. I hope things work out to get you back on the mat.

Ron Tisdale
09-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. We will miss you if you don't stop by and post from time to time. I've always enjoyed meeting you here and on AJ.

Best Regards,
Ron

Mike Collins
09-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Lotsa nice things said. Thanks. Ron, I managed to watch you at the first Aiki Expo seminar however many years ago that was. I enjoyed getting grabbed by the senior Yoshinkan guy (sorry, Nouri Sensei?, I've forgotten just now), and had a great time being worked by him, he saw how much trouble I had with trying to keep speed or tactics with Yoshinkan folks, never was all that smart, but he had no trouble with me. And felt more like my teacher than as what felt sticky to me from normal folks.

Thanks Texas boys, I hope you guys have a good time with The Boss (Kato Sensei) after next weekend, where I get a chance to say hello and at least watch a seminar in parts.

As I've said, there's still much conflict to go through. No quit for quite a while. Thanks to those I don't know.

Mike

Ron Tisdale
09-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Inoue Senssei...he always was good with training with all sorts. He goes to the Aikikai All Japan Aikido Demonstration each year. On the other hand, I hope I didn't look too silly... ;)

Best,
Ron

kironin
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey Mike

embrace the conflict with a light heart always looking for what's funny, and never ever quit.

healing here, how much and how long, is on very frontier of what we know

best,
Craig

Mike Collins
09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks Ron,

I very much enjoyed Inoue Sensei. He is one of them guys who doesn't need a particular attack, intent. And almost more important, is he was a really nice guy to get technique done with. You just looked like some guy training to me. We never trained I don't think, but I still had a good time. I didn't train as hard as I should have, but I did do some watching that weekend (in addition to playing blackjack- I'm a long way from perfect).

Thanks Chuck. My mentality is less than a happy face, only a happy intention to express what I feel and/or want. Again, I ain't perfect. But conflict usually has some lesson, no matter how stupid I may be in receiving it.

Mike