PDA

View Full Version : Aikido in Ho Chi Minh City

Please visit our sponsor:

David Yap
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi guys,

Can anyone provide me with a list of dojo in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) with the addresses and contacts?

So far I have managed to visit one but I was told the average number of dojo in each district here is two.

Thanking you aniticipation.

David Y

David Yap
06-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Jun,

The dojo listed on aikiweb does not exist anymore. Went to the address and found that it is actually a private residence.

David Y

akiy
06-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi David,

Can you clarify to which dojo you are referring?

Thanks,

-- Jun

David Yap
06-07-2006, 03:57 AM
Hi David,

Can you clarify to which dojo you are referring?

Thanks,

-- Jun

Hi Jun,

The Mushin dojo in Ho Chi Minh City.

David Y

SeiserL
06-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Send an e-mail to Sensei Dang Thong Phong of the International Tenshinkai Aikido Federation, founded in Viet Nam, at Tenshinkai.com. He has many former students still in country.

David Yap
06-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Send an e-mail to Sensei Dang Thong Phong of the International Tenshinkai Aikido Federation, founded in Viet Nam, at Tenshinkai.com. He has many former students still in country.

Thanks, Dr.Seiser, for the advice

I did months ago but did not get a reply from him. Anyway, thanks to my lucky star, the first dojo that I stepped into at HCMC belongs to the Tenshinkai group but here they call themselves "Tenryu" instead.

The dojo is located in a community center and the address is 70-72, Nguyen Van Troi Street, HCMC, Vietnam. Good training and very warm and friendly dojo. I had 3 training sessions there and enjoyed myself tremendously.

David Y

akiy
06-07-2006, 09:40 AM
The Mushin dojo in Ho Chi Minh City.
Thanks, David -- I've taken the dojo out of the database.

In the future, please note that it would help me if you could submit a dojo deletion request through the Edit/Delete Aikido Dojo (http://www.aikiweb.com/search/admin.html) link at the top of the search engine. That'll put your request into the queue.

Thanks,

-- Jun

minhman
06-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi everybody!
Let's go to our's dojo, address: Trung tam TDTT Q.10 - Nguyen Tri Phuong Street, HCM City
Warm and friendly!

Minh Man

SeiserL
06-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Phong Sensei sends his regards and recommends the following dojos:

Sensei Vu Dai Thao
1 Huyen Tran Cong Chua
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City

Sensei Vo Hoang Phuong
8 Phan Dang Luu
Binh Thanh District
Ho Chi Minh City

Give them our regards from thier Tenshinkai family in the USA.

David Yap
06-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you, Dr. Seiser, for the information. I will contact them on my next visit here. I'm leaving for home today.

HCMC is just about two hours by air from Kuala Lumpur. If you planning for an aikido tour in Southeast Asia, do drop me a mail. By the way, your second book has just arrived at our local book stores.

Regards

David Y

SeiserL
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
If you planning for an aikido tour in Southeast Asia, do drop me a mail. By the way, your second book has just arrived at our local book stores.
Thank you for your kind offer, but I have no plans to return in country. I do know the Phong Sensei returns when he can.

Hopefully people will find our second book useful and look forward to our third (on weapons).

David Yap
06-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi everybody!
Let's go to our's dojo, address: Trung tam TDTT Q.10 - Nguyen Tri Phuong Street, HCM City
Warm and friendly!

Minh Man

Hi Phung,

TQ for the information. I will definitely go to your dojo on my next trip to HCMC. Besides Tenshinkai, I would like to visit other Aikikai dojo there.

Regards

David Y

Lambdadragon
04-15-2007, 07:40 AM
TQ for the information. I will definitely go to your dojo on my next trip to HCMC. Besides Tenshinkai, I would like to visit other Aikikai dojo there.

David,

Can you share with all what dojos you did visit, (particularly any addresses, contact information and/or websites)?

Thanks,
David W

Lambdadragon
04-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Phong Sensei sends his regards and recommends the following dojos:

Sensei Vu Dai Thao
1 Huyen Tran Cong Chua
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City

Sensei Vo Hoang Phuong
8 Phan Dang Luu
Binh Thanh District
Ho Chi Minh City

Give them our regards from thier Tenshinkai family in the USA.

Thank you Dr. Seiser for posting these. When I use the Aikiweb "dojo search" however, I don't see them listed. Other than the mailing address, would you have any phone numbers, email addresses and/or website addresses?

Regards,
David W

Lambdadragon
04-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi everybody!
Warm and friendly!

Minh Man

Hello Minh Man,

Can you also provide any phone number, email and/or website address for your dojo?

Thanks,
David W