PDA

View Full Version : Mat Fight!!!

Please visit our sponsor:

idarch
04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Just wondered if any other clubs mess about when they put the mats away (if they put the mats away!)

We alsways have a laugh by putting mats on top of others as they are stacking them of pulling them backwards as they go to go forwards.

I guess you have to be there... :D

Lucy Smith
04-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Project your Ki and you will dominate them.
Luckily we don't have mats, but a large and only tatami. So in stead of puting the mats away, we have fun with ukemi and stuff. :D

Dajo251
04-28-2006, 02:11 AM
we used to have to put mats away, that was when we shared space with a karate school, now that we have our own space ont he other hand....no more putting mats away for us

merlynn
04-28-2006, 03:46 AM
mmmmmmm i usually referee shikko races as others try to put away mats around us...... and if the resident cute guy is there i usually try to smake his butt with the mat im holding

Lucy Smith
04-28-2006, 12:44 PM
mmmmmmm i usually referee shikko races as others try to put away mats around us...... and if the resident cute guy is there i usually try to smake his butt with the mat im holding

You are always ahead Karen... I bow to you, my teacher.

MaryKaye
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I was at a seminar recently where the mats were held in place by long pieces of duct tape. During the mat breakdown two of us, working from opposite ends, almost succeeded in trapping and immobilizing one of the senior students--he had to put up a great display of tenkan and footwork to get away, and frankly I didn't think he was going to be able to do it.

Ten yards of duct tape is a fearsome weapon in the wrong hands!

Mary Kaye

merlynn
04-28-2006, 04:08 PM
You are always ahead Karen... I bow to you, my teacher.

hee hee are you ready to learn

Lucy Smith
04-30-2006, 09:41 AM
hee hee are you ready to learn

Absolutely, but, don't be so harsh on men, like you were on other thread... I mean what would we do without them???

:hypno: We :hypno: need :hypno: them :hypno:

emma.mason15
05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
ah yes indeed .... who doesnt need them ... I mean who else would my aikisiren hypnosis work upon? ... who would cook for me? clean house for me? paint my delicate toenails?
Ahhhhh men!

Joanne Arnest
05-06-2006, 04:25 PM
we tend to hit the mats other people are carrying since if you come from the right angle the person carrying the mat can't see you at all so they are completely surprised. One person our club is also particularly ticklish :D

DarkShodan
05-07-2006, 07:13 AM
At the risk, and hope, of being harassed here we pick up and put the mats away every practice. We work out in a community center so we have to set up and clean up all the time. Actually I don't do it, I make the jr belts do it! Good training for them. ;-) Be thankful to have your own dojo. It is but a dream of ours.

emma.mason15
05-09-2006, 04:07 PM
we HAD our own dojo ..... alas and alack .. twas stolen from us by a recruitment agency!
(yes I know .... Im just bidding my time!)

emma.mason15
05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
and learning to spell :D