PDA

View Full Version : They just dont get it?

Please visit our sponsor:

mcooper_75044
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
One of our students practices Tae Kwon Do and from his description he has practiced long enough to become a black belt and judges matches. He came over from the dark side to experiement with Aikido and has been enjoying. However he was trying to explain the techniques and the philosphy to his instructor about its defensive nature. To wit she replied but
'what if you want to hit someone' I laughed my head off. :)

Mark Freeman
04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
But, what if you do? ;)

Charles
04-24-2006, 05:06 PM
[B]ut
'what if you want to hit someone' I laughed my head off. :)I'd caution them to not hit an Aikidoka.

Michael O'Brien
04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
LOL ... Then you wait for them to attack and respond with appropriate atemi to the nose ... hehe

xuzen
04-25-2006, 02:27 AM
...<snip>...what if you want to hit someone ?

Use a jo.

Steve Mullen
04-25-2006, 03:44 AM
'What if you want to hit someone'

Just hit them, if they are martial they will react in some way i.e raise a hand to block, then comes the aikido

James Davis
04-25-2006, 10:27 AM
'What if you want to hit someone'

Just hit them, if they are martial they will react in some way i.e raise a hand to block, then comes the aikido
and if they're not martial, they'll just get pimp-slapped! :D

Ben Eaton
04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
What if you want to hit someone?

Take a cold shower and get some sleep.

pezalinski
04-25-2006, 11:27 AM
'what if you want to hit someone'

Atemi: "Do, or do not..." ;)

Dajo251
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
well if I really want to hit someone, and I actually punch then, I dont plan on them getting up afterwards so I dont think aikido comes into it at all, on the other hand I am a very nonviolent person so it takes a lot to get me to the point of wanting to hit someone

Steve Mullen
04-26-2006, 04:01 AM
and if they're not martial, they'll just get pimp-slapped! :D

Ah, there's always room for pimp-slapping, its the only ture attemi :D :D

emma.mason15
04-26-2006, 09:36 PM
ok ... think I noted all that ..... pimp-slapping .... and punching on noses ... and the jo thing ..... anything else?

James Davis
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
ok ... think I noted all that ..... pimp-slapping .... and punching on noses ... and the jo thing ..... anything else?
Backing over them in a truck, perhaps?

Michael O'Brien
04-27-2006, 03:41 PM
hair pulling, nail scratching, ummm ... no ... wait .. that was the other forum ... hehehehehe

So about that cold shower.

Eric Webber
04-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Atemi: "Do, or do not..." ;)

Ditto!!!!!!

Beard of Chuck Norris
05-14-2006, 07:07 AM
One of our students practices Tae Kwon Do and from his description he has practiced long enough to become a black belt and judges matches. He came over from the dark side to experiement with Aikido and has been enjoying. However he was trying to explain the techniques and the philosphy to his instructor about its defensive nature. To wit she replied but

I have a "friend" who does tae kwon do, he tried to tell a friend of mine a story from training but he was laughing all the way through it. My friend thought it was going to be funny so she listened intently, then came the punchline....

"I kicked a 15 year old girl in the face and she cried"

She didn't laugh and neither did i when she told me. :grr: Had i have been there i may have invited him to grab my wrist ;) .

Don_Modesto
05-14-2006, 08:14 AM
One of our students practices Tae Kwon Do and....he was trying to explain the techniques and the philosphy to his instructor about its defensive nature. To wit she replied but

Ha!

Ever been to one of their tournaments? It's comical what strikers look like when they're actually trying to...strike.

Terms like "flail" and "chicken with its head cut off" come to mind. A few rare individuals can strike effectively with regularity. The rest (shoulder shrug, here)...

Paraphrasing Yoda, "No! Guarantee not. Do or do not. There is no guarantee."

emma.mason15
05-15-2006, 03:52 AM
'what if you want to hit someone'

youd seek anger management classes?

rtist
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM
...'what if you want to hit someone' I laughed my head off. :)

Seeing as how this is the "humor" section and I don't want to wax philosophical here - I agree wholeheartedly. It is quite funny.
I cannot think of any reason why I would want to hit anyone. Ever. Period.

Mark Freeman
05-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I cannot think of any reason why I would want to hit anyone. Ever. Period.

My ex partner would say that if you'd had to live with me for any length of time, you may have a reason :D

Dajo251
05-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I cant remeber where I read/heard this but this quote seems to fit here "Some one once said you shouldnt hit a man, but sometimes it can be damn funny"