- Aikido decides life and death in a single strike, so students must
carefully follow the instructor's teaching and not compete to see who
is the strongest.
- Aikido is the way that teaches how one can deal with several
enemies. Students must train themselves to be alert not just to the
front but to all sides and the back.
- Training should always be conducted in a pleasant and joyful
- The instructor teaches only one small aspect of the art. Its
versatile applications must be discovered by each student through
incessant practice and training.
- In daily practice first begin by moving your body and then
progress to more intensive practice. Never force anything unnaturally
or unreasonably. If this rule is followed, then even elderly people
will not hurt themselves and they can train in a pleasant and joyful
- The purpose of Aikido is to train mind and body and to produce
sincere, earnest people. Since all the techniques are to be
transmitted person-to-person, do not randomly reveal them to others,
for this might lead to their being used by hoodlums.