Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
aikido_diver
Australia
Awefully Annoyed

Now I'm normally not like this, but I'm a little annoyed at Budovideos. I've ordered 5 titles from them totaling around $300AUD - which is something quite expensive for a student. So I did the right thing by buying Priority International Posting through Fedex which is faster. However its been 3.5 weeks and I still havent received them.

I got worried after about the 2nd week so I emailed them. They told me that they were waiting on a title - which I thought was ok, and they told me it should be there by the end of the week. It didn't come so I thought maybe there was confusion on my address so once again I emailed and they said they were still waiting but should be there by the end of the third week. And guess what I'm still waiting. I'm so annoyed because I start my course soon (academic course), and wanted the videos before starting it so I could watch them in its entirety and not worry bout other things...

So I'll guess I'll just have to wait

My thing to you guys are, what should I do? I know I could continue to wait, but it seems like they keep putting me off, should I be worried? Have you guys bought from budovideos? What were your experiences?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Michael O'Brien
Dojo: Nashville Aikikai
United_States
Re: Awefully Annoyed

I've never bought from them and based on your experience I probably won't, or at least I'll check and make sure titles I am interested in are in stock before I place my order.

You might contact them again and ask them to ship the 4 in stock titles now and ship the last one when they get it in. Most reputable companies will be happy to accomodate an unhappy customer and in this situation they should see where you have been put out by having to wait this long.

Harmony does not mean that there are no conflicts,
for the dynamic spiral of existence embraces both extremes.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Michael Hackett
Dojo: Kenshinkan Dojo (Aikido of North County) Vista, CA

I've ordered a number of items from Budo Video and have had nothing but good service. Perhaps Mr. O'Brien's suggestion would help out. The guy I deal with there is Jake and he's been as good as gold in all my dealings with the firm.

Michael
"Leave the gun. Bring the cannoli."
Old 01-31-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
asiawide

I had a similar problem before with Bujin Design. I ordered a weapon case and asked them to send it to my friend in US since he would come back to Korea soon. However, Bujin design didn't do so and my friend had left US. I sent a complain letter to Bujin design and they sent it to me by the international priority mail which might be cost more than the case itself. Next day I got the weapon case. And I was really satisfied with the case and their customer service too.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
aikido_diver
Australia

I should write another email, just to ask them to send the four and post the other when they get it. I mean they seem to be a good firm, thats why I bought from there in the first place. Maybe I ordered a rare video. I just don't like to be jerked around. I don't want to be rude and cause a hassle.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
Michael O'Brien
Dojo: Nashville Aikikai
United_States

Quote:
Todd Allen wrote:
I should write another email, just to ask them to send the four and post the other when they get it. I mean they seem to be a good firm, thats why I bought from there in the first place. Maybe I ordered a rare video. I just don't like to be jerked around. I don't want to be rude and cause a hassle.
Todd,
No you certainly don't want to be rude and being rude will only make you look bad and put them on the defensive. Also, If I read your original reply correctly they have been very polite and respectful to you so far so they deserve to be treated in the same manner.

As suggested before I would either call, or write a very polite email, and explain that you would like the 4 videos that are in stock shipped now and the 5 shipped later.

Perhaps try to get directly to Jake, especially if you call, since you can tell him that he was recommended as a top notch representative of the company.

Similar to the post regarding Bu Jin Design, who I have also had excellent dealings with, companies will go out of their way to make an unhappy customer satisfied as long as you deal with them in a professional manner.

Let us know what happens.

Harmony does not mean that there are no conflicts,
for the dynamic spiral of existence embraces both extremes.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:57 PM   #7
Lan Powers
Dojo: Aikido of Midland, Midland TX

I've bought from them, and they were great.
Hmmmm I could use another video or two......
Lan

Play nice, practice hard, but remember, this is a MARTIAL art!

Please visit our sponsor:

Handmade Aikido Gifts - Handmade functional ceramic art with aikido themes