Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-18-2001, 09:33 PM   #1
Chocolateuke
Dojo: Muhu Dojo
Location: Middle of nowhere in California 14 miles from Buellton
hi all this is sort of to the children or teens on these fourms. This wedk is spring break for me in school and I have been going to all the Aikido I can go to. yesterday I went to the childrens class and the Adults class.! on the weekends I have 8 hours of Aikido!! anyhow I was wondering do any of you go to Aikido more when on break or less?? thx

Dallas Adolphsen
Old 04-19-2001, 01:24 AM   #2
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
Hi Dallas!

I'll reply - though it's been a while since I have been a teenager. Every year when it is easter I go to a big aikido-camp (yes I have just been and it was great). This is possible for me, since I have a couple of days of from work, so you could say that I practice more when I am on a break. Sometimes though I take a holliday completely without praticing to spend some time with my wife and my daughter. So my answer must be yes - and no
Sincerely

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration
Old 04-19-2001, 02:18 PM   #3
Nick
Dojo: Aikido of Greater Atlanta
United_States
I try to get to every aikido class at my dojo... if you can get in there more, by all means seize the opportunity!

Nick

---
Nick Porter
"Do not fall into the trap of the artisan who boasts twenty years of experience, when in fact he has had only one year of experience-- twenty times."
Old 04-26-2001, 04:45 AM   #4
Anne
Dojo: Kiel University/VfL Fosite Helgoland
Smile

I do Aikido at our University dojo and I take all the lessons I can which is between six and eight hours a week including two hours of Iaido. It is a bit less right now because I´m in the middle of the experiments for my diploma thesis but I still try to get as much Aikido as I can. So I attended the same easter seminar as JJF with my friends - and yes, it was just great!!! And we hold lots of our own seminars, mostly on weekends so that as many people as possible can attend - and normally do so.

So I think there are many people out there who go for every bit of training they can get.

yours
Anne

"You have to do difficult things to grow." (Shoji Nishio Sensei)
Old 04-26-2001, 06:41 AM   #5
j0nharris
Dojo: Kododan Aikido USA
United_States
breaks...

We are also a university dojo (@ VA Tech), and we tend to train less during breaks since the gym hours are shortened and we cannot get in during our regular times.

If the weather is good, though, we train outside, or have some folks over to our house to put our mats out on the deck -- I think our mats may qualify as a very unusual wedding present.

-jon

jon harris

Life is a journey...
Now, who took my @#$%! map?!
Old 04-26-2001, 12:53 PM   #6
CZR
My sensei put it this way, "So much potential, what else do you do with your time? It shouldn't be an obligation, but rather, a choice."

Maximize your utility!

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido DVDs and Video Downloads - by George Ledyard Sensei & other great teachers from AikidoDVDS.Com