Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #76
Hilary
Dojo: Torrey Pines Aiki Kai
Location: San Diego
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 67
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

So Krystal is it my sex or marital status that disappoints? I am also closer to 60 than 50 (by only a little, but much to my consternation) if that acts to further damp any enthusiasm.
 
Old 08-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #77
Krystal Locke
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Got a slightly younger sister? Maybe named something like, oh, George or Wallis?

Quote:
Hilary Heinmets wrote: View Post
So Krystal is it my sex or marital status that disappoints? I am also closer to 60 than 50 (by only a little, but much to my consternation) if that acts to further damp any enthusiasm.
 
Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #78
OwlMatt
 
OwlMatt's Avatar
Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
Location: Wisconsin
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 401
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Corky Quakenbush wrote: View Post
Hmm... I had no idea that Adolph Hitler could convince an entire country's populace to elect him and support him in getting rid of Jews and trying to conquer the world merely through his muscle contraction and planetary gravity. And all this time I thought it was the power of his oratorial skills and his skill at propaganda... see - you learn something new every day!
Benjamin is talking about literal power, as were you up until this post. This post, instead, is all about skills (your word, not mine), which you are figuratively approximating with power in a way that is completely irrelevant to the subject of this discussion.

Benjamin's assertion is that the only powers -- that is, scientifically speaking, energy sources for performing work -- to which the human body has access in and of itself are muscle power and gravity. Your sarcastic comment about Hitler's oratory not only fails to disprove this assertion, but fails to address it at all.

 
Old 08-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #79
bkedelen
 
bkedelen's Avatar
Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 446
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

At least we got to see Godwin's Law in action.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #80
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,163
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
Hi everyone,

I have deleted a number of posts in this thread which I considered to be disrespectful. If you were one of the authors of any of these posts, please consider this (another) warning.

It seems some people here are putting forth personal insults veiled behind "humor." That's not acceptable here.

Watch your tone, folks. And, please contribute positive substance to the discussions here.

Thank you,

-- Jun
Dear Jun,
Please enlighten me here.Please tell me the name of anybody I have personally insulted on ANY comment i have made on this forum.Is this my first warning or are you considering sending me a final warning? Hope you arewell, Cheers, Joe.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #81
OwlMatt
 
OwlMatt's Avatar
Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
Location: Wisconsin
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 401
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

I have made no secret of the fact that I am uncomfortable in general with the word ki, because it has no agreed-upon definition and because my impression is that it is generally misused by those who are not fluent speakers of Japanese. But what I am uncomfortable with is neither here nor there; I'm sure there are those who use the word effectively.

What really sets off my nonsense alarm, though, is when people start talking about "ki energy" or "ki power". These people are invariably talking about something invisible, immeasurable, and self-existent which we can manipulate in a non-muscular way to produce measurable effects in the physical world, not unlike the Force in Star Wars. And the scientific truth is that no such thing exists.

 
Old 08-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #82
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,817
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Matthew Story wrote: View Post
not unlike the Force in Star Wars. And the scientific truth is that no such thing exists.
qualification: that our current knowledge know of. the knowledge of the universe is currently beyond us. to say that we know everything that is possible and not, is very arrogant. we don't even know enough about our segment of the galaxy, much less the universe. what's impossible here, might be possible elsewhere.

as far as the Force goes, i like the Sith approach much better. the Sith way is to zap you with lightning then send you the electric bill afterward. if you don't get kill by the lightning, then the bill would kill you.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
 
Old 08-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #83
bkedelen
 
bkedelen's Avatar
Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 446
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

To be fair to the "non-muscular" guys, practitioners who have the juice consistently produce results which are asymmetrical to the amount of effort they put into their techniques. Even after seeing and feeling it for years, I am still amazed by just how effective the initiated can be while putting very little energy into the system.

I just like to razz the anti-resistance training and "non-muscular" guys because they are still dependant upon their musculature and gravity for all of their own force/power/work, no matter how deep down the rabbit hole they go. Since you are still dependant upon your musculature, you might as well have one that is high-functioning. A lot of serious health problems loom in the future of those who forego moving around heavy things.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #84
OwlMatt
 
OwlMatt's Avatar
Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
Location: Wisconsin
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 401
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
qualification: that our current knowledge know of. the knowledge of the universe is currently beyond us. to say that we know everything that is possible and not, is very arrogant. we don't even know enough about our segment of the galaxy, much less the universe. what's impossible here, might be possible elsewhere.
Yes, but it's important to remember that in science saying that something could be possible means very little. I can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I haven't been all the way through the universe, so I can't say with certainty that there isn't a Flying Spaghetti Monster somewhere, but until someone provides evidence of its existence, it is sound science to operate under the assumption that there is no such thing.

Quote:
Benjamin Edelen wrote: View Post
To be fair to the "non-muscular" guys, practitioners who have the juice consistently produce results which are asymmetrical to the amount of effort they put into their techniques. Even after seeing and feeling it for years, I am still amazed by just how effective the initiated can be while putting very little energy into the system.
Oh, absolutely. But I think the real physics behind that are a lot more interesting than any mysterious "energy" people can make up.

 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,817
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Matthew Story wrote: View Post
Yes, but it's important to remember that in science saying that something could be possible means very little. I can't disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I haven't been all the way through the universe, so I can't say with certainty that there isn't a Flying Spaghetti Monster somewhere, but until someone provides evidence of its existence, it is sound science to operate under the assumption that there is no such thing.
.
the sound scientific approach is to said "i do not know if it exists or not, based on my current level of understanding", not dismiss it entirely. the foundation of science is to admit we do not know and go about discovering it.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
 
Old 08-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #86
OwlMatt
 
OwlMatt's Avatar
Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
Location: Wisconsin
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 401
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
the sound scientific approach is to said "i do not know if it exists or not, based on my current level of understanding", not dismiss it entirely. the foundation of science is to admit we do not know and go about discovering it.
This is the kind of reasoning I hear from alien hunters, crypto-zoologists, and young-earth creationists. They would all have us believe that something is reasonably viable until it has been completely disproved. It's perfectly reasonable to believe aliens built the pyramids until we have scoured every corner of the universe and proven that there are no aliens. Bigfoot is as likely as not to be real until we have mapped every inch of wilderness on earth. Evolution is "just a theory" on equal footing with "intelligent design" until we can go back in time and document speciation. That's not how science works. Until there is evidence for something, there is no reason to believe it and no need to disprove it.

 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #87
bkedelen
 
bkedelen's Avatar
Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 446
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Actually Phi is exactly correct. One cannot prove a negative, so you have to be willing to accept that anything is possible as long as it is not in violation of things which have already been investigated using an evidence based methodology. No other assumption is logical. For example one could neither be certain of, nor certain of the lack of the existence of aliens. One can be relatively certain that young-earth creationism is bullshit, however, because geology, biology, and many other areas of study have produced absolutely insurmountable evidence contradicting young-earth creationism.

Until there is evidence for something, there is no reason to believe nor evidence not to believe it, and no need to prove it unless you are serious about finding out if your opinions have merit. Like you, I am a fan of Occam's Razor, but I must say that its application can hamper you in the area of martial arts and philosophy. In those areas it is often prescribed to hold your mind open to a wide range of possibilities so that you don't miss something which your preconceptions might have had you label impossible.

Last edited by bkedelen : 08-13-2013 at 02:07 PM.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #88
OwlMatt
 
OwlMatt's Avatar
Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
Location: Wisconsin
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 401
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Benjamin Edelen wrote: View Post
Actually Phi is exactly correct. One cannot prove a negative, so you have to be willing to accept that anything is possible as long as it is not in violation of things which have already been investigated using an evidence based methodology. No other assumption is logical. For example one could neither be certain of, nor certain of the lack of the existence of aliens. One can be relatively certain that young-earth creationism is bullshit, however, because geology, biology, and many other areas of study have produced absolutely insurmountable evidence contradicting young-earth creationism.

Until there is evidence for something, there is no reason to believe nor evidence not to believe it, and no need to prove it unless you are serious about finding out if your opinions have merit. Like you, I am a fan of Occam's Razor, but I must say that its application can hamper you in the area of martial arts and philosophy. In those areas it is often prescribed to hold your mind open to a wide range of possibilities so that you don't miss something which your preconceptions might have had you label impossible.
But we're not talking about martial arts or philosophy. Corky is asserting the existence of a specific force/power/energy which can produce measurable effects in the physical world; he is making a scientific assertion. This is not a subjective artistic or philosophical statement. There is no reason to believe him -- and ample reason not to -- until he provides verifiable scientific evidence for his assertion.

 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #89
bkedelen
 
bkedelen's Avatar
Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 446
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

My point is that since his assertion is presented without evidence it CAN be discarded without evidence. It doesn't HAVE to be discarded, however. Every great idea and every failed idea starts out just like this. I'm definitely discarding this one but I will be open to other ideas because I am interested and only require plausibility to take on an idea, not absolute proof.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #90
Mary Eastland
 
Mary Eastland's Avatar
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,214
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Maybe we should just call it... Ai - - do.

 
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #91
Krystal Locke
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Mary Eastland wrote: View Post
Maybe we should just call it... Ai - - do.
So, about all this "harmony" nonsense........

 
Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #92
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
So, about all this "harmony" nonsense........

Harmony nonsense? I think harmony recognizes nonsense. It doesn't support nonsense. It cuts through nonsense.

Harmony works with Ki.

Peace.G.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #93
Krystal Locke
Location: Phoenix, Oregon
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 388
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Wow. Thanks for that. If I ever take my comedy act on the road, I'll know who to hire as a straight man.....

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Harmony nonsense? I think harmony recognizes nonsense. It doesn't support nonsense. It cuts through nonsense.

Harmony works with Ki.

Peace.G.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #94
Hilary
Dojo: Torrey Pines Aiki Kai
Location: San Diego
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 67
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

On the proving the negative. Bertrand Russell once wrote “If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion”. This was used for decades in arguments with various theists. A good debate was had by all until a few years ago it was put to rest by Dr. Carolyn Porco imaging team leader of the Cassini Probe, who felt obligated to state the obvious. Every teapot, china or otherwise is circling the sun in an elliptic orbit and once a day it is between the Earth and Mars (I am paraphrasing). Trust a female PhD to know where the teapots are buried.
 
Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #95
Keith Larman
Location: California
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,566
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Hilary Heinmets wrote: View Post
On the proving the negative. Bertrand Russell once wrote...
Hey, I used Russell's teapot in another thread similar to this recently. Stealing my perfectly good philosophical debate point... Can't you scientists leave us philosophers with a few good arguments?

Quote:
Hilary Heinmets wrote: View Post
A good debate was had by all until a few years ago it was put to rest by Dr. Carolyn Porco imaging team leader of the Cassini Probe...
Coincidentally regarding our conversations last weekend, Cassini was (I think) the last major project my dad worked on at JPL before he left to go to Carnegie Melon... Actually I think it was called CRAF-Cassini at the time, but I'm not sure.

Oh, sorry, carry on with the teapots and spaghetti monsters...

On ki... The philosophy dude in me wants to ack that "existence" is a remarkably complex concept in practice. There are "modes" that we do tend to acknowledge such as the existence (in a sense) of the number 2, the idea of love, emotions, etc. Abstractions, explanation, higher order concepts, etc. and on and on. The problem is reification of an abstraction. Once you take an abstract concept but start to treat it as a "thing", as something more concrete, well, you open yourself to all sorts of logical problems. For further reference simply read some of the posts in this very thread.

And what I find astounding is that some seem to feel that saying "ki doesn't exist" as a material thing, as a fundamental particle, or even as anything else relatively familiar somehow detracts from the concept of ki as being valuable, useful, and loaded with useful meaning. It doesn't. Reification can be an ugly thing and it sinks many a philosophical argument. You don't have to make it "something", reify it, to discuss it and for it to have some value on some level or another. Even just as an abstraction of something larger and complex mixing together physical force, mental intent, and even dancing unicorns. Okay, not that last part... Although I am reminded of a video on Planet Unicorn, but that is just way too left field for this conversation...

But please, carry on. The logic guy in me has loved the various straw man arguments to go along with various ontological confusions interspersed with what is at best simplistic technology babble mixed with pseudo-science.

Just to make a plug for those reading this thread scratching their heads, new to all this -- Dr. Goldsbury has written some fantastic articles on history of Aikido available right here on this site. And of course Ellis Amdur's work "Hidden in Plain Sight" (available at Amazon now if I'm not mistaken) deals quite directly with the question of what this stuff is all about, at least in his opinion. And I don't recall reading any quantum physics in either source... And those articles have actual footnotes and stuff. You know, real academic rigor and all that...

Last edited by Keith Larman : 08-13-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Really poorly written joycian sentences...

 
Old 08-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #96
Gary David
 
Gary David's Avatar
Location: Long Beach, CA
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 330
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
Hey, I used Russell's teapot in another thread similar to this recently. Stealing my perfectly good philosophical debate point... Can't you scientists leave us philosophers with a few good arguments?

But please, carry on. The logic guy in me has loved the various straw man arguments to go along with various ontological confusions interspersed with what is at best simplistic technology babble mixed with pseudo-science.
In the end what does science, logic or philosophical debate matter? You either have something or you don't.....The only way to check is to get with folks you don't know and show it. The other thing is to have a clear understanding of where you are on the path...that takes getting with people you don't know to level set also. Really pretty simple.

Isn't that what you, I, Hillary, and others where doing this past weekend?
Gary
 
Old 08-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #97
Keith Larman
Location: California
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,566
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
In the end what does science, logic or philosophical debate matter?
Gary
Yup...

Last weekend I was trying to do something I've been working on, practicing, etc. And got shut down because out of the 20 things to get right I managed to forget about one. So I failed and my partner shut me down unwilling to just let me have it. I smiled, said a bad word, then fixed it and did it again. Now lather, rinse and repeat over and over again. That was the weekend for me. But one time it happened I was reminded of a story about Samuel Johnson answering a question about Berkeley's idealism. Basically Berkeley held that there were no such thing as material objects. When Johnson was asked what he thought of Berkeley, the story goes he kicked nearby large rock and said "Thus I disprove Berkeley." It's easy to make claims but a heck of a lot harder to make it work when the rubber hits the road. Too many people spend way too much time talking in their self-affirming bubble environments rather than getting out with those actually doing and seeing how it works. For the physics discussion those making some claims really ought to bounce those ideas off actual scientists and see how that goes.

Me, I prefer kicking rocks as I form my theories. "Ouch. Okay, something's not right... Let me work on that and see what needs to get fixed." Pretty simple, really. Funny this thread revolves around themes of science. And yet those making scientific claims are doing exactly what the scientific method tries most to avoid. Theories are fine, but you also test them out. The physics stuff here is a huge area of incredibly complex study with a large body of highly intricate and repeatedly verified information to back it up. The same can be done in training -- you just have to be willing to put it on the line and not just with the adoring fans. Make it work and you *might* have something. Might.

Last edited by Keith Larman : 08-14-2013 at 09:03 AM.

 
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #98
hughrbeyer
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Boston
Location: Peterborough, NH
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 653
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
And what I find astounding is that some seem to feel that saying "ki doesn't exist" as a material thing, as a fundamental particle, or even as anything else relatively familiar somehow detracts from the concept of ki as being valuable, useful, and loaded with useful meaning. It doesn't. Reification can be an ugly thing and it sinks many a philosophical argument. You don't have to make it "something", reify it, to discuss it and for it to have some value on some level or another.
Word. And it's an error both sides fall into--such as people on the ki-mystic side feeling they have to turn it into something concrete (quarks, fifth force) in order for it to have validity. They're playing on their opponents' turf and don't even know it.

Evolution doesn't prove God doesn't exist, any more than hammers prove carpenters don't exist.
 
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #99
Bernd Lehnen
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 117
Germany
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Matthew Story wrote: View Post
I have made no secret of the fact that I am uncomfortable in general with the word ki, because it has no agreed-upon definition and because my impression is that it is generally misused by those who are not fluent speakers of Japanese. But what I am uncomfortable with is neither here nor there; I'm sure there are those who use the word effectively. ...

And the scientific truth is that no such thing exists.
You should have seen the sort of desperate expression on the face of practically any Asian I have dared to ask how she/he would define KI, be she/he of Chinese, Japanese or any other Asian cultural heritage. More so, when they were well into scientific thinking.

They simply did not use Ki as a defined entity, they had to add at least one other meme to this quite undefined "nonsensical" part, a meme in itself, and only then in this combination it started to take on "definite meaning".

So, looking for definite meaning in Ki as a stand-alone term itself seems to be a typical crazy western people predilection.

Reading through this thread what I found were opinions, if anything.

Best,

Bernd
 
Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #100
Hilary
Dojo: Torrey Pines Aiki Kai
Location: San Diego
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 67
United_States
Offline
Re: Ki energy defined

Gary, the only reason the debate matters is that while much of truth is subjective, in certain areas a great deal of human, societal and actual capital has been utilized to further understanding. To clutter that with disinformation, window dressed with jargon, offends my sensibilities and further confuses people. This era of humanity’s adolescence, when it is almost impossible to have an informed opinion about many things without being an actual expert, is unsettling to most people. Creating clutter only make it worse. We have a lot to think about in these days and only so much time to do so, removing noise at the source clarifies things. Back to Ki.

Keith I had to go look up reification thanks for that, certainly a concept we should all get familiar with in this day and age. It is one of the reasons that I tried to stress the acceptance of mental models, they may not be ultimate truth, but they sure can come in handy. In another thread on another site I had to throw a free body diagram at the readers because people were talking vectors, and they were wrong. I used them to define the stability testing problem not how to sit seiza and be stable; just deconstructed the simplified incoming force into its appropriate components. Define the problem first then solve it.

After that I was asked to explain another somewhat more complicated stability exercise with physics. To which I had to reply, to what end? Some simple discussion of the video in question sufficed to illuminate the major points without resorting to diagrams and matrices. Another said we should remove all the mumbo jumbo from the art. I replied that the mumbo jumbo was pretty well embedding the pedagogy, and provided useful mental models as well as feedback for all the little drills that together form the skill set that is connected and stable body. Sensation, while inexact and easily fooled is one of our best methods for training the body

The concept/feeling of shooting ki out your unbendable arm certainly is a better signal to train off of, and provides better results that just explaining that you are altering the direction of forces in the uke and nage interaction. I do both, ki sensation to train the body, force explanation to satisfy the mind. Similarly this weekend, the sensation of pushing out in all six directions while pulling silk was certainly easier to attain and wrap your head around than trying to exhaustively define the body tensegrity state. It is certainly more useful training feedback. As you guys know this stuff is hard to do correctly, let alone consistently, without thought and under real world conditions; there is always 1 of 20 to forget.

Stubbing one’s toe make for an excellent lesson with a high degree of retention. The key to “having something” is finding the right tools and information to solve the problem and then doing the work. These problems have been solved by many with only Bronze Age technology/knowledge modern thinking should help us understand more fully what is occurring, but doesn’t decrease the work required. Gary, Keith I’d like to think we did some work and moved a little closer both here and this weekend on the mat.

Last edited by Hilary : 08-14-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Grammar, punctuation, tense and whimsy.
 

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.



Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aikido and being Christian Nick Spiritual 178 07-31-2010 07:47 PM
What is "Aikido"? Mike Sigman Training 137 10-12-2006 09:06 PM
Stanislavsky and Ki DaveO General 11 01-20-2006 11:11 AM
Train In Ki And Why chadsieger Training 54 06-15-2002 11:26 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 AM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate