Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-02-2004, 02:32 PM   #1
Rocky Izumi
Dojo: GUST Aikido Club
Kuwait
Exclamation Hey Jun!

Hey Jun,

Hi again. I registered so that I could tell you that you have me listed as being in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada for those old posting from the Aikido-L chat room.

I am now residing in Barbados, West Indies, and am heading up the Barbados Aikido Federation with dojos in St. Lucia, Barbados, and Jamaica.

Please see if you can get those corrected. I guess people are still trying to reach me in Regina.

My new email address is hizumi@mnxics.com.

Hope all has been well with you and that your Aikido is growing. My knees are starting to give out but they still function for most things. Unfortunately, suwariwaza and hanmihandachi are both getting difficult.

Had to cut out the Kendo since there is no one here to practice with.

Maybe soon but trying to increase the membership in the BAF is keeping me busy.

Rock
Old 11-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Hey Jun!

Ooohhhh, aikido on vacation...

Congrats on the move! I used to read you years ago on aikido-l, hope you are well. You don't know me though...but maybe if I get down that way I'll get to one of your dojo. Do you have any plans in a place called Bequia?

Best,
Ron Tisdale

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 11-08-2004, 06:17 AM   #3
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

No, sorry Ron, don't know Bequia. Where is it?

We get a lot of people coming here on an Aikido vacation when they find out we are here. So far, they have all enjoyed it but some say they wish there were classes 7 days a week and two classes a day so they can really have lots of fun doing Aikido when they are here. But then, they find out about the sun, sand, rum and beer and are happy with the 6 day a week, 1.5 hours a day sessions. After a few rums, they just go and do ukemi on the beach. There are always people willing to work out with you at odd times of the day. Give us a call before you come down.

Thanks for remembering me. I hope those posting on the Aiki-L didn't confuse you too much. I still tend to use many of those postings for our readings in our handbook so they weren't too bad. Maybe just a little cryptic.

Rock
Old 11-08-2004, 10:57 AM   #4
Chuck.Gordon
United_States

Heya, Rocky!

We met in San Antonio some years back at the first aikido-l seminar. Love the Cornholio waza ...

Hope all's well with you and yours. If you ever make it to Europe, come visit us in the ass-end of Bavaria and we'll share stories, play on the mat and show you some great castles and scenery.

Chuck (and Emily)

Old 11-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #5
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Dear Gord,

Thanks for the invite. I do have friends and business associates that I should visit some time in Germany. I will give you guys a ring before I come. I doubt if it will be any time before the next couple years are up though. The project down here is keeping me busy 24/7 for the next couple years.

On the other hand, the house next to mine is a rental that is listed on the German websites. Take a look for lodgings around Bottom Bay in St. Philip, Barbados. The website is in German.

Rock
Old 11-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #6
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Oops, Sorry, Chuck, I mean, not Gord.

Rock
Old 11-09-2004, 11:56 AM   #7
BC

Mr. Izumi:

Were your ears ringing about a week ago? Because your name came up during beeru waza after class at the MAC in Chicago with a few of the senior folks reminiscing about some of the past good times!

Robert Cronin
Old 11-09-2004, 12:43 PM   #8
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Robert,

Yeah, come to think of it. Even thought about how the MAC and MAF were doing. Then I got an email from Matt May. Talk about old times. Wish I was there with you guys.

I miss everyone but none moreso than Tohei Sensei.

Have you guys heard about where Vu Ha, Gordon Yamamoto/Small, and Hawk Durham are these days? Some of the guys are planning a 20th anniversary reunion of all the old folks in Lubbock, TX for about August next year. I would love to see them and all others interested in seeing one another and beating each other up again.

Rock
Old 11-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #9
Miguelspride67
Dojo: ShugyoShin Dojo/ Sto. Dgo.
Dominican Republic

Mr.Hiroaki, Hy. Im from ShugyoShin Dojo in the Dominican Republic.
You said your going to Jamaica, You got our Doors open over here, come and visit us to. Is very close from Jamaica. By the way we got a Seminar with Donovan Sensei on November 21.

Regards
Miguel Angel
Old 11-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #10
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Dear Miguel,

I heard about the seminar. Thank you for your kind invitation.

One of my students, Dan Turbin, is planning on being at the seminar.

I will endeavour to visit you as soon as possible, but work is always getting in the way. Perhaps in about a year I should have somet time.

Thanks again,

Rock
Old 11-09-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Oh, Miguel,

I apologize I cannot come to the seminar since I am doing one myself in Kingston on the 19th to 21st.

Rock
Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 PM   #12
Miguelspride67
Dominican Republic

Sensei i would like to go to your dojo by the end of year, i will investigate how much is the cost of a ticket. My father told me Barbados is a beautiful place to go. If i could get an especial or something, i will tell my sensei. Of course whit your permission.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #13
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Quote:
Miguel Angel wrote:
Sensei i would like to go to your dojo by the end of year, i will investigate how much is the cost of a ticket. My father told me Barbados is a beautiful place to go. If i could get an especial or something, i will tell my sensei. Of course whit your permission.
Of course, Miguel.

You are always welcome as are all Aikido visitors to Barbados. We love to have people come and visit us. It would be best for you to come in February when Kawahara Shihan is here if you have a place to stay. If not, we will try and arrange a someone for you to stay with. I have a lot of friends here from the DR. If you know some of them, they might also be my friends. We all belong to a club called the El Frente Cubatero. To join, you have to drink lots of rum. You also have to have a Spanish nickname. Mine is El Terror del Camino. Try and figure out why.

The gentleman coming to your seminar next weekend is Dan Turbin. You might arrange to stay with him when you come here. Please take good care of him and have fun with him. He is also another Frente member.

Rock
Old 11-12-2004, 05:24 AM   #14
Miguelspride67
Dominican Republic

Well i like a lot Brugal Aņejo the best Ron in DR, and my nick name is El Indio. So ill be there soon

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!