Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-25-2004, 12:22 PM   #1
Tatiana
Dojo: Lenwakan
Brazil
Cool Ummm... HI!!!!

Hi Every one!!!

My name is Tatiana, I`m 14 yrs old, and I live in Brazil... My Sensei is Roberto, but some times his son, Erik (also a Sensei) gives us class too.... they`re both really sweet, and I`m glad to have them both as my teachers. I`m only a White belt (5th kyu), Here we go by colour... So the 4th kyu would be a yellow belt, then purple... and so forth (I know that some places only go by Kyu, not by coloured belts...). Well... If any one gets round to reading this... I also have a question.... Soon, I`ll be moving to Morden a small town near to Winnipeg in Canada... And I have no Idea if they have Aikido there... Can anyone inform me (darn, the question mark symbol isn`t working on my keyboard.... ) Well, i`d be gald to talk to any one who would like to talk here... LOL!

((HUGZ))
Tat
Old 08-25-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
akiy

Re: Ummm... HI!!!!

Hi Tatiana,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:16 PM   #3
Tatiana
Brazil
Question Re: Ummm... HI!!!!

Hi Jun!!

Are you the Moditor around here (as you know, I can`t get my question mark to work....). Where are you from(question mark).

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote:
Hi Tatiana,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun
Old 08-28-2004, 12:10 AM   #4
O-Ren

Dojo: Aikido of Palestine
United_States

Hi Tatiana,

Welcome, I hope you find (as I have) that everyone here is very friendly and very helpful in any question you might have. if you wont to find a dojo in Canada you might wont talk to Steve Kubien, he has a Intro on this page titled Newbie Canuck. Canuck in turkey (or slang if you will) for Canadian. Well I'll c u around the camp fire my friend.

O-Ren
Old 08-28-2004, 12:45 AM   #5
Jessie Brown
United_States

Hi Tatiana-

For dojo near your future home, I would suggest using the "dojo search" feature on the left menu bar. I didn't see any in Morden, but there are four in Winnipeg and I'm sure you can search some other nearby cities. Besides, aikidoka are like weeds-- we spring up everywhere and you just can't get rid of us!!

Good luck with the move!
Jessie
Old 08-28-2004, 04:11 AM   #6
Tatiana
Brazil
Talking Re: Ummm... HI!!!!

Quote:
Todd Stark wrote:
Hi Tatiana,

Welcome, I hope you find (as I have) that everyone here is very friendly and very helpful in any question you might have. if you wont to find a dojo in Canada you might wont talk to Steve Kubien, he has a Intro on this page titled Newbie Canuck. Canuck in turkey (or slang if you will) for Canadian. Well I'll c u around the camp fire my friend.

O-Ren
Hi O-Ren!!
Thanks for the welcome! I spoke to Steve... But he never answered I don't think he visits his intro anymore.... :/ oh well... *sigh* LOL! I am enjoying the forum so far... Not many people have answered to my posts, but that's normal, any forum is like that ^^ So what dojo are you from??? I'm from Lenwakan, Sensei Roberto in SP(Brazil)... It's the first contact I've ever had with a dojo, and I'm thouroghly enjoying it! In about 3 weeks time, I'm not too sure if it's 12th or the 19th, I might be doing my first exam... I'm sooo excited... 4th kyu!!!!!! But only if my shihonage and shomenhuti's get better... I just never get the keep-your-arms-straight part right... :/ LOL
Old 08-29-2004, 03:30 AM   #7
Martin Ruedas

Dojo: Makiling Southside
Philippines

hi! I hope this helps. I think there's a dojo in winnepeg, canada and I think it's in whistler (I don't know if this is the correct spelling of the place. But don't worry, I'll ask my sensei the exact address of the dojo in case you might want to practice there. the name of the sensei in the dojo i'm reffering to is Jojo Jimenez.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 AM   #8
Tatiana
Brazil

Thanks for the kind words and info Jessie!
Well, you know, I think you're right... We spring up like weeds everywhere!! LOL And I hadn't really noticed it till I started traing... Thanks again jessie!!
Tat

Quote:
Jessie Brown wrote:
Hi Tatiana-

For dojo near your future home, I would suggest using the "dojo search" feature on the left menu bar. I didn't see any in Morden, but there are four in Winnipeg and I'm sure you can search some other nearby cities. Besides, aikidoka are like weeds-- we spring up everywhere and you just can't get rid of us!!

Good luck with the move!
Jessie

Last edited by Tatiana : 08-29-2004 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-29-2004, 10:53 AM   #9
Tatiana
Brazil

Hi Martin!
It would be wonderful if you could get that info for me!!! I would love it!! Thank you so much for your info! Many thanks to you, Jessie, O-Ren, and others!!! ^.^ THanks to all for all the help!!
^^x Tat

Quote:
Martin Ruedas wrote:
hi! I hope this helps. I think there's a dojo in winnepeg, canada and I think it's in whistler (I don't know if this is the correct spelling of the place. But don't worry, I'll ask my sensei the exact address of the dojo in case you might want to practice there. the name of the sensei in the dojo i'm reffering to is Jojo Jimenez.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:22 AM   #10
DaveO
Dojo: Great Wave Aikido
Canada

Hello; Tatiana! Welcome to Aikido and the Aikiweb!
For aikido in Winnipeg; you could try Winnipeg Ki Aikido

Erickson Sensei's an excellent teacher; and a real nice guy.

Answers are only easy when they're incomplete.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #11
Tatiana
Brazil

Hi Dave!!
Thanks for the info!!! You're Canuck?? Nice to meet you! They don't have a e-mail do they??? I'd like to ask a few questions, but they only have a telephone number... Thanks for the info, Dave!!!

Quote:
Dave Organ wrote:
Hello; Tatiana! Welcome to Aikido and the Aikiweb!
For aikido in Winnipeg; you could try Winnipeg Ki Aikido

Erickson Sensei's an excellent teacher; and a real nice guy.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
DaveO
Canada

Hello again; Tatiana - glad to help.
Unfortunately; I don't know if Mike has an E-mail; actually I'm sure he does; I just don't know it right now. Let me check my sources and I'll get back to you.
I've only met him a couple of times; and both times I've been very impressed - he's a great person and gentle, relaxed instructor. He has to work very hard to keep up with the rest of the Ki Society; being waaaaaay out in Winnipeg means he's probably the farthest dojo from anyone else on the continent.
(Winnipeg's smack in the middle of the praries. It's a pretty nice place; but remote. Place a single um centavo in the middle of a billiards table; and you get the idea what Winnipeg is like. )
Anyhoo; give me a couple of days to check - I'll see if I can get that info to you.

Old 08-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #13
Tatiana
Brazil

Hey Dave!
Thanks for all the help!! really! And Winnipeg isn't that small... but you live close to Toronto, don't you?? of course you think Winnipeg is small! LOL! I come from that kind of setting! I'm not Brazilian... I'm a South African living in Brazil... but I speak the language here (Portuguese) fluently, and they say that I'm more Brazilian than South African. but right now, I'm living in the big city São Paulo, SP... So.. Where do you get your extreamly fluent Portuguese of "um centavo" from?? LOLOL !
Old 08-31-2004, 02:11 PM   #14
DaveO
Canada

Lol - Winnipeg isn't small; just far away from everything.
Anyway; I was able to get hold of Erickson Sensei's E-mail for you; please check your private messages - I've sent it to you there.

Cheers!

Old 08-31-2004, 03:10 PM   #15
Tatiana
Brazil

Thanks Dave!! I recieved it!! I shall be getting hold of him ASAP! Thanks so much for all your hard work and help!!!
xx
Tat

Quote:
Dave Organ wrote:
Lol - Winnipeg isn't small; just far away from everything.
Anyway; I was able to get hold of Erickson Sensei's E-mail for you; please check your private messages - I've sent it to you there.

Cheers!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!