Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
Zerbe
Any Itten Dojo members?

Im interested in studying akido and Itten Dojo is the closest dojo to me in the central pa area. I was just wondering if any members post on this board and could share there feelings/thoughts on the school?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Any Itten Dojo members?

I am not a student there, but I have trained there on several occations, and I highly recommend Bob Wolfe Sensei and the organization he has there. I've trained there in seminars in:

Daito ryu -- Okabayashi Shihan
Kendo Kata (with YSR flavor) -- Meik Skoss
Aikido -- Ellis Amdur
Aikido -- John Stevens

I also know that they have study groups in some classical arts available there. The regular involvement of instructors like Meik and Diane Skoss and Ellis Amdur means you pretty much can't go wrong. I think Wolfe Sensei is a remarkable man, who is willing to negate past history to seek true and effective technique. He has always acted as a gentleman as long as I've known of him, and has been personally a very good friend to me. I enjoy partnered training with him as much as just about anyone I've trained with. Focused, intense, powerfull yet safe.

I think you would make a good choice in training there...but the true test is to go and try some classes yourself, and make your own best judgement.

Ron Tisdale

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 08-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Aikido
United_States

Hello Jim,

I'm a member of Itten Dojo and I (from a purely unbiased perspective, of course) highly recommend the school for both its curriculum and its members. I think Ron Tisdale (whom, I unfortunately have not had the pleasure of meeting, as I was recently out-of-town for the John Stevens seminar) gave a good assessment and I must echo his advice to make arrangements to come watch a class.

The easiest way to do so is to send Bob Wolfe Sensei an email or call the dojo to arrange a mutually agreeable time to watch class. The website www.ittendojo.org should contain both pieces of contact information.

Best/Budd
Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
Zerbe

Thanks for the great info guys, its much appreciated.

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido DVDs and Video Downloads - by George Ledyard Sensei & other great teachers from AikidoDVDS.Com