Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #51
PeaceHeather
Dojo: hopefully Purdue Aikido Club
United_States
Re: Screaming white belt newbie

Anne Marie -- does "enjoy" cover that masochistic sense of pride one has when one feels the need to show off just how stiff and sore they are? I move like a ninety-year-old! My butt muscles HATE me!

Bronson -- thanks. It's good to have such a supporting community here online to listen to me gripe and moan. I'm sure my husband appreciates it too, since it means I'm not making him listen to all of it. And, PS, thanks again -- did you check out the Laurel Book? Physically all I really did was half the calligraphy, the gilding, and the bookbinding; outside of that, I organized all the artists, helped design and research, and laid out the structure. I'm unseemly proud of that thing.

Heather
Old 05-20-2004, 12:05 PM   #52
David_francis

Dojo: St Ives Aikidojo
United Kingdom

Hi everyone I'm David I have been doing aikido for a couple of months and I'm starting to feel the benefits. Sensei says I am making good progress and that my posture is good.
I wanted to start aikido mainly as I had never done this form of martial art before and because I am interested in japanese culture.
I did Kendo for a couple of months beforehand I enjoyed it but I had to quit as it was a half an hour trek to get there 2 times a week and I couldnt always get the transport.
After Kendo I wanted to try something like karate but there were no karate clubs in my area so I made a good decision and started Aikido. As soon as I stepped in and felt the friendly atmosphere, I knew it was for me.
I know how you feel heather whenever we take seiza my legs are in pain and when I stand up i have to hobble around a bit to get the feeling back. Sensei says that I should take cod liver oil tablets (no thanks yuck!) Also theres a 25% chance that my foot will lock up and send me hopping around the mat cursing like a madman.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:47 AM   #53
dan guthrie
Dojo: Aikido of SLO
United_States

My left foot cramps up if I don't take Magnesium and warm up. Ask your doctor if any supplement would help.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:27 AM   #54
David_francis

Dojo: St Ives Aikidojo
United Kingdom

Thanks for that but I think its beginning to go away on its own as i become more flexible. Oh and Happy Birthday!

Please visit our sponsor:

Handmade Aikido Gifts - Handmade functional ceramic art with aikido themes