Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-16-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
*Aiki*Jimmy_yan
Dojo: Shudokan Australia (Glen Waverley Dojo)
Talking HI expect to see LOTS of posts from me, the newbie

HI AIKIDOKAS! I ALREADY FEEL REALLY WELCOME TO AIKIWEB AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST. eXPECT TO SEE ALOT OF POSTS FROM ME! WELL, THATS ALL FOR NOW, THIS IS MY FIRST POST... CYA!

OSU!!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:42 PM   #2
*Aiki*Jimmy_yan
Talking Hi Everyone!

HAS BEEN THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY WHOLE LIIIIFE! i currently do yoshinkan aikido, and im enjoying it. STUART NORTAN I GO TO UR DOJO HEHE.

well, until next time cya everyone!

OSU!!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:53 AM   #3
Nick Simpson
Dojo: White Rose Aikido - Durham University
United Kingdom
Welcome to aikiweb Jimmy, hope you have fun.

They're all screaming about the rock n roll, but I would say that it's getting old. - REFUSED.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
akiy

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums and thank you for your introduction.

Please take care in not using ALL CAPS in your posts as it makes it very difficult to read and is considered "yelling." Also, proper spelling rather than IRC/chat-speak is appreciated.

Thank you,

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
ikkitosennomusha
Thanks Jun for the friendly advice to Jimmy!

Jimmy, if it is your first post, why does it say number 8 on your stats? Just a picky obs.

Also, you are welcome to start a thread etc. but, please refrain in doing so until you have some depth to your post.

Last edited by ikkitosennomusha : 03-17-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:39 PM   #6
Michael Mules
Dojo: yoshinkan
Question let he who is without sin.....

Quote:
Brad Medling (ikkitosennomusha) wrote:
Also, you are welcome to start a thread etc. but, please refrain in doing so until you have some depth to your post.
Don't you think that's being a bit restrictive, Brad? Especially to someone who has mostly posted asking for assistance in the other forums? This is the Introductions forum after all. I could possibly understand such a response if Jimmy were posting on a topic he did not have a good grasp of, but in the introductions forum....?

Oh well. Hi Jimmy, I'll probably see you at training down the track (same organisation, different dojo). And remember, you're an Aussie; your command of the English language is automatically better than those who invented it and those who pronounce "Z" as though it's a sleepy insect . (What other english-speaking nation so evocatively expresses its essence with the phrase "Oi, oi, oi"?)

So please may I echo Jun, and ask if you could leave the CAPS key off, and spell all words fully (it makes my poor eyes look like this and I'm ugly enough already without that happening).

Cheers, Mike

Michael
Old 03-17-2004, 05:41 PM   #7
akiy

Quote:
Brad Medling (ikkitosennomusha) wrote:
Actually, anyone regardless of experience is welcome to start threads here in the AikiWeb Forums...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 03-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
stuartjvnorton

Dojo: Aikido Shudokan
Re: let he who is without sin.....

Quote:
Michael Mules wrote:
Hi Jimmy, I'll probably see you at training down the track (same organisation, different dojo).
Hey Mike,

Which dojo do you train at?

Seems there's a few Shudokan people here. :-)

Cheers,

Stuart.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:25 PM   #9
Michael Mules
Dojo: yoshinkan
Hi Stuart, I've started up again at the Thornbury dojo. I'm there 2-3 times a week at the moment, mostly Tuesdays, Thursdays (but not this one) and Saturday arvos. I may well have seen you there - I'm the white belt (well, 5th kyu) at the far end!

Cheers, Mike

Michael
Old 03-17-2004, 06:32 PM   #10
stuartjvnorton

Dojo: Aikido Shudokan
Quote:
Michael Mules wrote:
Hi Stuart, I've started up again at the Thornbury dojo. I'm there 2-3 times a week at the moment, mostly Tuesdays, Thursdays (but not this one) and Saturday arvos. I may well have seen you there - I'm the white belt (well, 5th kyu) at the far end!

Cheers, Mike
I've been off for a couple of weeks but I'm planning to be back on Saturday, so I'll hopefully see you there. :-)
Old 03-17-2004, 07:59 PM   #11
ikkitosennomusha
I didn't mean to sound prude and I wasn't aware that this thread originated in the introductions column. After all, if you can request not to use caps (which you find annoying), then I can request to have some depth (which I find interesting). I am not referring to depth as experience. IMHO, almost anything has to be more deep than asking about cartwheels which I took as a sick joke. Maybe I am wrong and they actually do cartwheels in his style?

It is just my preference to click on a thread a read real aikido situations and not rif raf. I would also like to see the integrity maintained on this site as jokers have ruined others. Its just a silly request guys which I am entitled to, right? Lighten up!

Brad

Last edited by ikkitosennomusha : 03-17-2004 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:15 PM   #12
*Aiki*Jimmy_yan
iiim back! sry i havnt posted for so long, i was grounded ... dont ask what i did lol

OSU!!

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.