Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #26
Hogan
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 106
Offline
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great article.

Quote:
Shaun Ravens (Misogi-no-Gyo) wrote:
...However, following my own recommendation,...
You make recommendations to yourself ?
Quote:
... You did not merely ask a "simple" question, or you would have received a simple answer.
I did indeed, and you did answer simply, but wrapped within .... well.... accusations.
Quote:
...your follow up indicates something like and axe, or a chip, but not having made a clear statement in either post, I am really not sure what you are indicating.
Read the post again, simple words, simple english. I am not INDICATING anything, I ASKED a question. But how someone answers tells me much about the character of the person. Sad, really....
Quote:
.... As for being defensive, do not mistake a polite setting aside of your offensiveness, as such. I provided clarity where you deliberately set out to cloud the truth with what now seems more likley some ill feelings towards someone you don't know.
OK, how about arrogance and poor assumptions, then ? I have no ill feelings toward Seagal as a person or as an aikidoist. Now as an actor....
Quote:
.... your poorly worded question .. insinuated that the dojo that my teacher ran was somehow squeezing money from its core students. If I inadvertently insinuated that you, your family, or your dojo did as much, I would hope you would set the record straight. If I had intentionally done so, then I would expect you to put me in my place while setting the record straight.

..
Not at all. Are you in your place now ?
Quote:
...Your inability to deal with what came at you as a direct result of your own actions is a clear indication of what is wrong with society today. Be responsible for your actions. Don't blame it on another, like a child does when confronted.
HUH ? Ok... AGAIN it's puff, puff, passss.
 
Old 01-24-2004, 02:24 PM   #27
akiy
 
akiy's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,851
Offline
Hi everyone,

If this thread continues down the path of more and more personal attacks, I'll just close it...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
 
Old 01-24-2004, 05:00 PM   #28
Misogi-no-Gyo
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 498
Offline
Quote:
Jun Akiyama (akiy) wrote:
Hi everyone,

If this thread continues down the path of more and more personal attacks, I'll just close it...

-- Jun
...and your mother dresses you funny!

"...puff, puff, pass" - or the most irresponsible view about how other people should live their life I have heard in more than twenty years.

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.
 
Old 01-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #29
vanstretch
Dojo: Kyushinkan
Location: Roswell,GA
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 123
United_States
Offline
hi all, to john-sir, can you not see that the way you ASKED the question(Seagals test fees)showed us much to YOUR character? How would sensei himself feel to this question of yours? He may be reading this post as well friend. My money is that you could not possibly fathom the notion of your typed tone due to the defensiveness of your last post sir. also if you have no ill will towards Seagal the Aikidoist, then how dare you ask that question to begin with. shame,shame.
 
Old 01-25-2004, 05:47 AM   #30
shihonage
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 890
United_States
Offline
Mr. "John Hogan" is a typical Internet troll. He does not have a genuine interest in the questions he asks.

His interest lies in revving up Internet communities, and judging by the fact that he uses tricks that are the very foundation of the troll arsenal, this is definitely not the first time he has trolled an Internet forum.

On some more active Internet forums, where this type of trolling is far from unusual, and it's encountered on regular basis, the moderators have toughened up correspondingly, and trolls are banned on sight, because it is clearly understood that nothing good ever comes of their presence.

An excess number of trolls can kill an Internet community, and one needs to look no further than AikidoJournal's forum.
 
Old 01-26-2004, 07:50 AM   #31
Hogan
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 106
Offline
Quote:
Aleksey Sundeyev (shihonage) wrote:
Mr. "John Hogan" is a typical Internet troll....

His interest lies in revving up Internet communities, and judging by the fact that he uses tricks that are the very foundation of the troll arsenal, this is definitely not the first time he has trolled an Internet forum....
And where is your proof ? I have trolled ? Where ? Do you know me ? You say I have definitely trolled elsewhere... besides the fact that I have never trolled, please provide proof. Before making these baseless lies, why don't you do a search on my posts here ? You can search me by name....

Quit making baseless, personal accusations, or, as Jun said, he will close this thread.
 
Old 01-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #32
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
Location: Midland Texas
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,652
United_States
Offline
Maresa:

I think Hombu only gets paid when the request for a dan certificate is actually submitted. They don't get paid for each test. So if you don't pass, your money does not get submitted. You only pay once.
 
Old 01-26-2004, 01:58 PM   #33
shihonage
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 890
United_States
Offline
Quote:
John Hogan (Hogan) wrote:
And where is your proof ? I have trolled ? Where ? Do you know me ?
You have trolled right here, in this thread.

The typical troll tactics you have employed, include, in particular

Step one: Indirectly "implying" offensive notions (i.e. "tone") toward things that you know people care about, and some even bear some emotional attachment to.

You put out a bait, wait for someone to emotionally extend themselves, and then proceed to

Step two: The moment your indirect implications are addressed, you crush the other side with the so-called "cold facts", that if you take your language apart word by word, there indeed is no direct accusation of anything.

Step three: Now that step two was successful, you adopt a false tone of "familiarity" with people you've never met, for example "danny boy" instead of "Daniel", and the "puff puff pass" bullshit, and then continue to make indirectly offensive comments and indirect personal attacks in order to stir people emotionally.

Step four: Now all you have to do is calmly stand in the middle and watch people you've upset take swings at you. Then you accuse THEM of being hostile.

Oh the irony.

________________

This is a typical by-the-book trolling scenario, one that could be seen happening over and over on Usenet newsgroups long before these Web forums were born - where the troll provokes the other side to get emotionally involved, and then the "troll" himself keeps going "I'm rubber you're glue".

And no, I don't know you personally, but it doesn't take knowing every troll to spot one.

There' no "official school of trolling" that I'm aware of, and it seems that some people simply get the hang of being a troll "naturally" over the course of time.

Maybe it was not your purpose to troll here, and maybe you weren't even aware of it, but now you are.

So why don't you pause and think about what you're doing and why.
 
Old 01-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #34
Hogan
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 106
Offline
Quote:
Aleksey Sundeyev (shihonage) wrote:
You have trolled right here, in this thread.

The typical troll tactics you have employed, include, in particular

Step one: Indirectly "implying" offensive notions (i.e. "tone") toward things that you know people care about, and some even bear some emotional attachment to.

You put out a bait, wait for someone to emotionally extend themselves, and then proceed to

Step two: The moment your indirect implications are addressed, you crush the other side with the so-called "cold facts", that if you take your language apart word by word, there indeed is no direct accusation of anything.

Step three: Now that step two was successful, you adopt a false tone of "familiarity" with people you've never met, for example "danny boy" instead of "Daniel", and the "puff puff pass" bullshit, and then continue to make indirectly offensive comments and indirect personal attacks in order to stir people emotionally.

Step four: Now all you have to do is calmly stand in the middle and watch people you've upset take swings at you. Then you accuse THEM of being hostile.

Oh the irony.

________________

This is a typical by-the-book trolling scenario, one that could be seen happening over and over on Usenet newsgroups long before these Web forums were born - where the troll provokes the other side to get emotionally involved, and then the "troll" himself keeps going "I'm rubber you're glue".

And no, I don't know you personally, but it doesn't take knowing every troll to spot one.

There' no "official school of trolling" that I'm aware of, and it seems that some people simply get the hang of being a troll "naturally" over the course of time.

Maybe it was not your purpose to troll here, and maybe you weren't even aware of it, but now you are.

So why don't you pause and think about what you're doing and why.
Gee, thanks. You're right. I am a changed man. Thank you again for guiding me.
 

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido DVDs and Video Downloads - by George Ledyard Sensei & other great teachers from AikidoDVDS.Com



Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steven Seagal Interview ad_adrian General 45 01-15-2010 03:34 PM
Lightning Bolt, Steven Seagal and Aikido diesel General 75 10-10-2005 03:07 PM
Steven Seagal a true Aikidoka? nikonl General 57 09-02-2005 10:13 PM
Steven Seagal chrisward General 2 11-14-2004 07:41 AM
Steven Seagal news flash mike lee General 48 01-03-2003 09:23 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate